Notices

I keep failing.....

Old 01-04-2005, 08:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I keep failing.....

I am so sick of myself I keep falling off my little red wagon. I feel bad just for posting here. Feel like giving up cause this has happened more than once ..went over my brothers house and he offered me a drink on New Years Day and I could'nt resist. I guess maybe I should stay away from him for awhile. But it was like a was craving it or something and I could'nt say no. I am finally beginning to realize this is a disease and I am never going to get better unless I really work at it ..I thought I could get it under control and be ok but it does not work that way. I am so sick of myself. I don't trust myself anymore. Since my mother in law passed away it's almost as if I gave myself the green light and too much freedom. I feel better just venting gettin it off my chest.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Pepsifreek

Welcome to SR. You've come to the right place with loads of really supportive people and great help topics.

Please don't beat yourself up. You may well have a disease, the disease of alcoholism. It's really hard to beat on your own. I should know...I tried.

Can you get in touch with AA? There you will find support on a face to face level.

You can do this if you really want to.

Keep coming back.

Rich
Old 01-04-2005, 09:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Originally Posted by Pepsifreek007
I am so sick of myself I keep falling off my little red wagon. I feel bad just for posting here. Feel like giving up cause this has happened more than once ..went over my brothers house and he offered me a drink on New Years Day and I could'nt resist. I guess maybe I should stay away from him for awhile. But it was like a was craving it or something and I could'nt say no. I am finally beginning to realize this is a disease and I am never going to get better unless I really work at it ..I thought I could get it under control and be ok but it does not work that way. I am so sick of myself. I don't trust myself anymore. Since my mother in law passed away it's almost as if I gave myself the green light and too much freedom. I feel better just venting gettin it off my chest.

sOMETIMES WE ANSWER OUR OWN Q. DOES YOUR BROTHER KNOW YOU'RE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH DRINKING? ARE YOU STRONG ENOUGH TO TELL HIM?
I DISTANCED MYSELF FROM ALL FAMILY FUNCTIONS THAT INVOLVED A LOT OF DRINKING WHEN I FIRST GOT SOBER.

THIS IS LIKE QUITTING SMOKING LOSING WT. ETC. IT'S NEVER EASY TO STOP DRINKING. ARE YOU GOING TO ANY MEETINGS? SEE IF YOU CAN FIND SOME IN YOUR AREA IF YOU'RE NOT. THE SUPORT ON HERE IS FINE BUT, IT'S EASIER TO GO TO MEETINGS AND WORK WITH A SPONSER.

DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP OVER THE SLIP. YOU NEED TO BE AWARE OF YOUR TRIGGERS. I DON'T GO TO BARS, I DON'T HANG AROUND LATE AT WEDDING RECEPTIONS, KEEP YOUR SELF BUSY WITH THINGS TO DO. IDLE TIME GETS YOU INTO TROUBLE.
YOU CAN DO THIS, YOU JUST HAVE TO WANT TO . EVERYONE IN HERE IS THERE FOR YOUR SUPPORT

CHRIS
Old 01-04-2005, 05:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Chy

Hey Pepsi, when your ready, you'll know it and you will do anything it takes, good advice given about avoiding those trigger situations. Your not the first and certainly won't be the last to have a few false starts, but if you want it bad enough, I know you'll get there!
Old 01-04-2005, 06:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Pepsi,

Welcome and I'm glad you found us. I tried countless times too and I know how discouraging and frustrating it is. It's hard to stop drinking, really hard, but you can do it. We're here to help.

Anna
Old 01-04-2005, 08:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome Pepsi
Hope you hang around and get to know us.
We are all in this boat together... and I have found that I was unable to get sober on my own.