Notices

oh, for pete's sake.....

Old 04-20-2002, 08:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation oh, for pete's sake.....

Would everyone PLEASE go to www.rational.org and take the AVRT crash test! Rev, Paula, Ogs and I all have done it. It won't hurt. As a matter of fact, it may be just the thing you are looking for. If it's not the thing you're looking for, you'll know it. Then you can try counseling, steps, smartrecovery, the major or minor religion of your choice, hypnosis, yoga, est , primal scream therapy, reading Stanton Peele or simply getting someone to chain you down for a month or so. I'm sure I'm leaving things out.

Steps are not the only way. I hope that's the last time anyone here has to say that.

Know this. If you want sobriety, truly, you will have it. When you find what works... we want to hear about it. It may work for others. Please do not have the arrogance to attack what works for someone else. Okay?

Smoke

Old 04-21-2002, 09:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Smoke, I checked it out. I had some contact with them before. I actually use some of the things the speak of. I answer the addictive voice with a reinforced response. Hopefully it will help some but, it isn't for me. I don't remember them as being this aggresive towards other programs.
The people I talked to in the past offered it as an alternative. There was no mentioning that I should speak out against another program or trying to rid the world of support groups. I can only wish them well.
Don W
Old 04-21-2002, 03:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Thanks for the link. I've been out there before.

I think it is worth sharing that there are many options of recovery available.

Thanks and have a great day!

Wendy
Old 04-24-2002, 09:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Miya

Smile

Thank-you Smoke!

It is a great help to find other alternitives to the "normal" way. When I am not considerd "normal"; by alot of society, it is good to have an alternitive. Thanks again. BLESSED BE TO ALL

Old 04-24-2002, 10:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Smoke - I checked it out. Don't know what to say about a program that refers to homosexuality as an "addiction".....