Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

When did you know you "had it? Or don't you ever?

Notices

When did you know you "had it? Or don't you ever?

Old 03-23-2024, 07:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dwtbd View Post
Not accepting the finality is the AV trying to get You to mourn It. That It will never accept the finality, but that is not (need not) be a problem for You , let IT whine and ignore It.
Thank you.
Old 03-23-2024, 04:03 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
The Dog

I will say never get too comfortable. I began drinking when I was in high school and my young adult years involved alcohol most days. I got married at the age of 26 and had one more drunken night about a month after that. I realized I didn't want to raise a family that way. I didn't have another drink for over twenty five years. My three daughters to this day have never seen their father drink. A few years ago after the last one had moved off to college I decided one day when I was shooting pool with some friends I could have a drink. It had been over 25 years, I'm not an alcoholic. Wrong, once an alcoholic always an alcoholic. Within a year of those couple of drinks I was back to a bottle a day. I have been quit for 262 days now. All I need is one drink to start the vicious cycle all over because I'm still an alcoholic. My only chance is to never drink that first drink again.
Old 04-06-2024, 07:15 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Semi-Professional Philosopher

Originally Posted by DeplorableDog View Post
All I need is one drink to start the vicious cycle all over because I'm still an alcoholic. My only chance is to never drink that first drink again.
I still have days where I feel this exact same way. Other days I feel like I'm the master of the universe. I haven't figured this thing out yet. I'm still cautious around the pink clouds.