Notices

going to a ma meeting

Old 02-08-2023, 07:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

going to a ma meeting

I've decided to go to an MA meeting because I'm having a really hard time. I'm laying I'm bed and already thinking about getting some tomorrow. all I can think about is escaping how I feel. I'm also meeting with my sponsor and Tell him what's going on. To be honest I don't know if can make it through tomorrow sober. every day the cravings become more intense.
david
Old 02-08-2023, 08:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're going, David.
Let us know what its like

D
Old 02-08-2023, 08:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
nez

Has your past experience been that you that you can successfully escape the way you feel, or does it turn out to be temporary solution that in turn makes the cravings and desire to escape even more intense because when the high wears off the feelings of remorse, regret, and despair are actually increased because deep inside you know you don't want to use?
I know the answers for me. Because I know the answers... I am here. Because I am here... and sober today, I honestly feel that I can make through tomorrow clean and sober. My past history has shown me that if I relapse...the amount of tomorrows I have will be greatly reduced, before I am dead. And they will be days spent in hell because deep inside I don't want to use and exist like that.
Because I am here, I don't have to live like that and the desire for continued recovery is more intense.