Notices

Driving my self nuts

Old 11-26-2021, 11:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Driving my self nuts

Okay so I'm done with 5 step,but I keep reminding things after the fact. Now I'm Analyzing everything single act to see if I need to. Tell my sponsor. It's driving me bonkers all I think about is living in terror about having new things I'm doing wrong ,or do I actually feel ashamed of an action . Is it shame or is it just im tired having to admit things every day that I'd forgotten. Now I'm analyzing every action as well. This is so difficult as a big black or white thinker it ethier is or it isn't. .I'm analyzing my motives for things i do without thinking.
David
Old 11-27-2021, 12:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have no advice other than to confide in your sponsor. This kind of miserableness is not what the steps are about, yeah?

D
Old 11-27-2021, 11:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I really struggled with all of that, David. For some of us, especially if we tend to carry a lot of shame or guilt, we see ourselves as the cause of all the problems. Ours as well as other's. You need a sponsor who also sees the normal human nature aspect of things and knows you well enough to tell you that you're a good person, we all make mistakes, and not everything that went wrong is a result of our drinking.

Stuff just happens, sometimes.. - it's called life.
Old 11-27-2021, 12:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

There is no perfect way to go about anything really. Life is life. We live and learn.

You did the step. Talked to someone about it. Move forward. You can work the steps as many times as you would like. Its a program of recovery. It takes awhile to recover and then to live in the recovery and then to grow and grow some more. Its all a learning process.

You are doing wonderfully. Allow yourself some breathing room. You deserve it. Its gotta be tough to be so tough on yourself all the time. I think you deserve a break.
Old 11-27-2021, 01:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Step 10 will take care of most of that David. It might be a good idea to start keeping a journal to write all this stuff down. When you get to step 10, you can review your journal and you'll have a better idea of what, if anything, you should do about those things.