Notices

Doing 5 step tomorrow

Old 11-19-2021, 05:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Doing 5 step tomorrow

I'm doing my 5th step tomorrow evening with my sponsor.
I'm scared but inspired. I've realized that by doing my 4 step I'm not normal. I've done things I'm sure he hasn't,but I've done things he probably has. My fear is I get yelled at and called a disgusting pervert. That would probably make want to drink really bad. I couldn't handle that. I done some really ichy things that I hate myself for. I'm going to do this because I have to and I want to. I will drink if I don't and it will be soon so I have no choice. That's my worst case scenario which won't likely happen. My head already tells me I m no good. David
Old 11-19-2021, 07:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I feel confident that no one is going to scream at you or call you a disgusting pervert.

Like some one said in one of your other threads, if there's a name for whatever you've done, someone else has clearly done it before.

Have faith that things will turn out ok David
D
Old 11-19-2021, 07:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations David! Your chances of maintaining sobriety and peace of mind go way up by following through with these steps! As far as being worried what your sponsor might think, try not to sweat it!

Most people in AA who sponsor a lot of people will tell you that they rarely hear anything different from doing 5th steps! Like the old saying goes: if there’s a word for something, chances are someone’s already did it and more likely plenty of people have done it!