Notices

Boss changed my hours can't sleep

Old 07-25-2021, 09:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Boss changed my hours can't sleep

Hi I'm 28 days sober which is great but I can't sleep because I'm having panic attacksor heart problems doctor said ekg is normal but I'm having terrible elevation in heart race like a pulse of 100. I also have sleep phase disorder and my boss has coming in at 8 instead of the 9 I'm schedule Normally. I also am convinced I'm sick even though docs says no. I do have high blood pressure though.the crazy thing is I feel good during the day and when my beta blocker starts to wear off I start to feel bad. I told the doc this. I also had a halter 48 hour test and eco ultra sounds and results were normal 3 years ago. I think its the serequel I'm prescribed making me sick. David
Old 07-26-2021, 08:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I feel so bad for you! Jobs can cause a huge amount of stress for many people and really affect your recovery! I’ve been through hell with jobs and it really screwed up my serenity and sleep problems in recovery! Good luck and I wish you the best!
Old 07-26-2021, 02:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are things today David?

D
Old 07-27-2021, 07:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
zjw

i hope you get it sorted out. I recently went through a period of incredibly worse panic attacks and such. for me in the end i realized it was my asthma flareing up causing high BP. I got rid of the asthma triggers (cats in my case) and i started taking garlic for for the BP i also nixed caffiene once and for all this time. i'm doing better now. tho i still have bouts here and there it seems to almost always coincide with some kinda asthma crap. I had bad bad asthma as a kid but hadnt had issues in years. it really took me by surprise now in hindsite i cant help but wonder how much of my panic issues where simply casue my chest was tight etc...

I guess my point is once ya get it sorted out it will hopefully improve. I also had crazy anxiety and panic when i quit its why i quit and it didnt really ease off for a good 8 months at least for me. And of course even after taht point i still had my struggles.

for me reality was just pretty raw without booze i think in time i got more used to it.

Old 07-27-2021, 06:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Had a good day and I think a lot of its I eat a lot of a pint of ice cream every night . I feel fine in the day. I'm seeing my doc Thursday for a blood pressure check as my pressure has been high like 150/100 and doc uped my meds.
David
Old 07-27-2021, 08:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sorry you're struggling David. A healthy diet and exercise really helps.
Old 07-28-2021, 03:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hope you get it figured out 100
Old 07-30-2021, 09:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I feel good most of the time its right at 10 to 12 am I feel bad. I feel like I have heart Problem the doctor s are missing. I'm also tired because I cant sleep because of this and am to tired to eat healthy. I'm going bring this up in a meeting.
David
Old 07-31-2021, 03:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Have you talked to your doctor about the timing of taking your medication? I take seroquel and I have to take it about half an hour before bed, otherwise I feel groggy and sick. I couldn't take it during the day at all. I wouldn't be able to function. A pint of ice cream will mess up your blood sugar and make you feel unwell, too. I am definitely addicted to sugar as well as booze. It's a hard one.