Notices

Feeling physically unwell

Old 07-09-2021, 05:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling physically unwell

I'm having no cravings but I don't feel good physically. I feel great mentally but having vague chest pains. I have a lot back and joint pain and pain in my ribs which is long standing condition also because of anxiety I'm never sure what's a real condition and what's not. I'm always at the doc every 2 months because of anxiety. I'm calling doc on Monday. Every day I'm afraid it will be my last. I have vague pains for a long time and have had all the heart tests a couple of years ago. I used to to hospitals every weeks because of panic attacks.
David

Old 07-09-2021, 08:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're seeing your doctor Dave. I have had chest pains from anxiety before but it's always good to get them checked out.

D
Old 07-09-2021, 09:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ditto Dee
Old 07-10-2021, 11:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

When I was 40 I was at the doc every few months also. Had so much anxiety. One day he asked me how much I drank. He said for a young healthy guy I was sure in there a lot. It was a wake up call for me. I realized my life was out of control, and yes I was drinking way too much to cope with it.

Now I almost never go to the doctor. Once a year for physical and once a year to urologist to have the male parts checked.

Are you getting enough exercise David? It helps SO much with anxiety. Hard, aerobic exercise my friend. It will change you.
Old 07-10-2021, 08:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Exercise is good but it might be best to wait til you have confirmation of what this is, David

D
Old 07-12-2021, 02:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Ring gp make an appointment and bond or at least build a rapport with your GP as sometimes you don't get the same one but as long as you attend and explain anything and everything, additionally write a pain diary like times it's happening maybe a food diary might help too
Old 07-12-2021, 02:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I got checked at urgent care and they performed a ekg and it's was normal and I have already made an appointment with my primary care provider. I think a lot of it is anxiety and I also have chronic pain.
David
Old 07-13-2021, 12:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
zjw

i read a book well didnt finish it but read this long portion on anxiety and all the various conditions it causes. i was just downright floored. i got to thinking how many of my ailments could litterally just be anxiety manifesting in all diff ways. I'm not saying this is the case iwth you and its important to get checked out and know for sure.

i've got a few issues myself and i've eliminated all the possible casues and now realize nope its just more nonsense from my crazy anxiety.

I'll also go through phases where i might have all kinds of pain. then phases where i'm totally fine.

getting checked out can put your mind at ease. tho I recently had a ton of health issues for months on end. FINALLY the light bulb went on and i thought i wonder if my childhood asthma is acting up again. did some reading and also realized i was living in a house full of cats which where always a horrible asthma trigger. went to the doc got an inhaler tossed out the cats and i'm slowly recovering. MONTHS i suffered too!! not knowing what was going on. To be honest tho had i gone to the doctor sooner i dont think they woulda figured out what was wrong. it put my mind at ease tho i thought i was near the end or somethign.