Notices

10 years sober little late

Old 07-12-2021, 04:54 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by LadyBug66 View Post
I definitely have thoughts like that. Who would know ... why do I care since my life is in chaos now ... Then my rational thoughts take over (thank God!) I don't want to miss out on anything with my family.... I don't want to be drunk, passed out or hungover. My drinking was to the point of blackouts almost every night and my family knew I liked to drink my wine but they didn't know the extent of what was going on with me and alcohol. I also look back at the precious time I wasted being drunk, next day shame from my drunkenness , filled with anxiety the next day and hungover. I can't imagine going thru chemo hungover! LOL
for real got enough problems why throw alcohol into that mix. I was like you black out falling down drunk every single day usually waking up still drunk from the night before I don’t miss it.

your right too how much time wasted basicly being wasted. I can tell my relationship with my older kids isn’t as good as it could be as a result of my drinking. And that’s because I was busy getting drunk instead of coping with life or spending healthy time with them etc.

I get it more now but struggle financially to do more for my kids. But I’m at least here now and there for them.