Notices

Day 5

Old 06-27-2021, 05:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5

I made it through another day sober which makes 5 days, This is the longest I gone in months. I'm just focusing on staying sober. I don't have energy to do anything else. I do have so longer term ideas on staying sober. I have the attitude this time that I get to stay sober not I have to stay sober as if it were a diet. I feel less anxious every day. I'm giving my self permission to be lazy and lay in bed. Before I would think about all I needed to fix and get frustrated and then I would drink. I've noticed I would want to drink when I felt envious about something some one else had and feel bad about myself and then feel the intense need to escape reality and we all no were that goes drinking and coupus about at that. I'm trying to do that by focusing on what I need to do. Also I know I'm going to have get uncomfortable eventually to fix my life by getting out of comfort zone. I also realize it's simply to soon. I addition I need to figure out what I really want not what I think I should want.
David

Old 06-27-2021, 06:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 5 days
if you're still interested in AA why not hit a Zoom meeting. That takes nearly no effort
https://www.aahomegroup.org/
D
Old 06-27-2021, 06:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day 5 that's awesome David, just concentrate on not drinking and eating well, hydrating yourself and getting quality sleep. And join an AA group as Dee has suggested. You can take care of the other problems one at a time later down the road a bit....hang in there
Old 06-28-2021, 03:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done David - I already notice a change in your posts - they seem more positive - I agree with others - forget everything else other than keeping each day a sober day, feeling your body and mind begin to heal - when that healing is further down the line you will have plenty of time and more energy to think about other 'stuff'
Old 06-28-2021, 03:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good work!
Staying sober is hard enough in the beginning. That should definitely be your main focus.

Once you have some sober time you may find a lot of those issues resolve themselves.
Old 06-28-2021, 05:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes, well, comparison is the thief of joy.

Envy, one of the Seven. Even in AA they talk about the Seven as being actually deadly for an alcoholic.

https://www.bibleinfo.com/en/questio...en-deadly-sins

Well done on Day Five. Keep it going, don't pick up a drink no matter what. That's your main task right now. All the other life stuff (that everyone has, BTW) will get worked out or it won't but drinking is not a Solution to any of it.