Notices

a kind of gratitude

Old 01-30-2021, 12:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
All is Change

a kind of gratitude

I'm grateful for having survived long enough to have learned something about a value of being grateful.

I keep getting to a point of unfolding realisation where I feel like I'm wandering around in a circle constantly bumping up against an immobile wall.

it ocurred to me that that wall is my tendency to make myself and my decisions about everything to be ultimately the best. Perhaps a kind of I-making or I-grasping about anything and everything.

With some contemplation and listening to advice I chose to put all those who have gone before me and getting past these blocks above myself and choosing to listen to what they have to say and to all those who have listened before me and transmitted these lessons so that people such as I may benefit.

And so, in expressing this gratitude to all those who have gone before me the blocks started to melt.

Gratitude seen to me now is not an odd alien ritual but a living wisdom.
Old 01-30-2021, 08:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Indeed, learning to be grateful is a gift in and of itself.

I learned this ability through the nightly practice of writing down three things for which I am grateful, doing my best to avoid repeats. Things like air, clean drinking water, being able to see the rich blue of the sky... these are things I didn't often appreciate in a grateful manner previously. It is life-enriching, soul-nourishing to be able to do that now.

I'm grateful for you, Grymt.
Thanks for sharing this.
Old 01-30-2021, 08:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I like the analogy of being trapped in a circle/cycle by our own thoughts - I've been there before too. I am also grateful for the things that I have learned and done to help me break out. I've learned much from people here, from readings, from counseling and life experience.
Old 01-31-2021, 08:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post
Indeed, learning to be grateful is a gift in and of itself.

I learned this ability through the nightly practice of writing down three things for which I am grateful, doing my best to avoid repeats. Things like air, clean drinking water, being able to see the rich blue of the sky... these are things I didn't often appreciate in a grateful manner previously. It is life-enriching, soul-nourishing to be able to do that now.

I'm grateful for you, Grymt.
Thanks for sharing this.
That is so true Obladi. We are so fortunate here, to have clean air and water, blue sky, and most of us have food on the table every day and a secure place to sleep at night (not all, sadly). I am thankful every morning just to wake up actually. Our blessings are almiost infinite.