Notices

One year today.

Old 12-17-2020, 09:37 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi, Briansy, and thanks. We’re all different in the way that we handle and sort problems, are we not, my friend? Yes, I’ve gone through hell this past year, but do you know, Briansy? – I’ve learned to live with it. I’ve learned to live with myself “living with it”, is perhaps what I should say. Somewhere along the line, I think, acceptance and – with it – peace, got hold of me. How, I’m not sure, but I think once I began getting into that “accept the things I cannot change” mode, everything about my situation started - not getting better – but just easier to deal with. I honestly think – as well – that there definitely is a higher power – and I’m not shy about calling Him God – who has helped, and still is helping me get through this c*** I live with each and every day.

Nothing here has changed – except me. But maybe “me” was the real thing I had to change, in order to stop drinking for good this time around. (Also a reason why I say it all boils down to “ME” in the end). I knew, after all, that my dad and stepmom weren’t going to, so I had to adapt. But I ramble…

SR helped, and friends like you and Hawkeye and Dropsie – and many others - helped, and I’m grateful.

26 days is almost 30, friend, and 30 to me (and most of us, I believe) was that first big milestone. You’ve been there before and I don’t have to tell you “you can do it”. You know you can.

Have a great festive season and a wonderful Christmas.

C
Old 12-17-2020, 11:52 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Old 12-18-2020, 01:24 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Congrats RB. A really solid milestone. Keep moving forward!
Old 12-18-2020, 01:26 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Catch and Release

Keep that ball rolling and before you know it, it will be a boulder of sober time and then a mountain and onwards towards an entire universe! Good job.
Old 12-18-2020, 01:58 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Calico,

That has been a while -- how are you?

Great to "see" you.
Old 12-18-2020, 05:03 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Catch and Release

Originally Posted by Dropsie View Post
Calico,

That has been a while -- how are you?

Great to "see" you.
Hey Dropsie - I am doing OK - considering. Probably better than many. I'm safe, warm, fed and trying to keep myself entertained. I know I don't pop in very often, but I have always read these forums daily. I just never think I have much to add. I hope you are well.
CF