Notices

6 Months

Old 09-22-2020, 07:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

6 Months

Hey All,

Just an update. Right now, I am 6 months without a drop. Its been a long weird road through this COVID BS, and getting sober right at the height of the lockdowns and fear. But its 6 months a few days ago.

Seems like now, it is getting harder than easier. I found getting to 6 months hard, but now, I feel quite low and maybe a tad depressed. Sort of the feeling that was around the few weeks mark. Does it get worse again to get better? Is this normal? I have heard that this PAWS thing can lag and come and go, but 6 months down the road it is kinda kicking in?

Anyways, just thought I would check in. Not a lot of activity around here, but I still check the board every once in a while.

Cheers,
Old 09-22-2020, 08:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Ringoffire

Congrats on 6 months!

I think being a little low and depressed is what many of us in the world have felt this year, alcoholics or not.

I have over a decade in recovery, and I have good mental health days and some bad days still, but I'm never less than very glad that I'm sober to meet whatever comes.

I hope your mood will improve before too long. Of course if you feel it's serious or has been going on too long, you could always see your Doctor?

D
Old 09-22-2020, 08:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nice job!!! Kudos to you!

Yes the Covid has everyone feeling a little depressed I think. When I feel funky I'll just go for a quick walk around the block. In my first few years of recovery I went to soo many meetings and did all kinds of recovery stuff I would escape in a good book, I went to a lot of afternoon movies, know that's hard to do now but even a quick hour of something to take my mind off everything and relax helped me a lot..

Keep up the great work, it gets better every day.
Old 09-23-2020, 09:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats!!
I'm on your same boat. Little under 5 months since I quit completely..
There are some days I get that down feeling , but then I asked myself what I wanted and if a drink will help , the answer was overwhelmingly no..
I agree, with being sober there are no cheat days like dieters do , eat a candy here or there once in a while but still they stay on the diet.
Unfortunately, in case of sobriety everything resets and the fear of relapsing into wretched lifestyle becomes ominous..
I'm trying hard as well to keep staying sober. Best wishes to you as well..