Notices

Withdrawel symptoms

Old 08-26-2019, 05:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Withdrawel symptoms

Can sweating in the night before a withdrawel symptom.I wake up drenched in sweat and I have also noticed my feet sweat alot have anyone else experienced this ? I was in rehab 4 years ago and didn't have this problem
Old 08-26-2019, 05:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

There is a thing called "kindling." Each time we go through withdrawal, is worse than the last. That could be why you are experiencing symptoms you haven't experienced before. Profuse sweating is not uncommon during withdrawal.
Old 08-26-2019, 06:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Yep. Kindling is real to me. I didn't know about it until I came to this site 4 plus years ago.

I was/am pretty messed up in the head and I believe if I relapse it will get worse and worse.

Folks that manage to drink into their later years sometime get labeled as just getting old and losing it.

I believe booze escalates this.

Drinking was a learned behavior. I have unlearned it...so far.

Thanks.
Old 08-28-2019, 05:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cazfox View Post
Can sweating in the night before a withdrawel symptom.I wake up drenched in sweat and I have also noticed my feet sweat alot have anyone else experienced this ? I was in rehab 4 years ago and didn't have this problem
yes! When I quit, I would sweat right through my sheets. I’ve never sweated so much in my life. And when I slept, it was more like I was delirious than dreaming. All the poison was literally seeping out of me. I actually liked the sweating for that reason. It made me feel like I was physically accomplishing sobriety, if that makes any sense. It was proving my efforts were not in vain and also that I MUST be an alcoholic (no more hiding from it!)!or this physical reaction would not be occurring.
Old 08-28-2019, 06:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Night sweats were certainly a part of my withdrawal cazfox.

D
Old 08-28-2019, 06:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes night sweats are a staple in alcohol withdrawal. They usually stop within a couple weeks. Your mileage may vary of course.