Notices

i need surgery

Old 08-07-2019, 12:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

i need surgery

Just checkin in...I've got a huge abscess over 4 teeth in my mouth. I had to go to an emergency dental visit saturday.

Apparently it formed from an old facial fracture that never healed right.

She put me on antibiotics and i gotta go back in 2 weeks and she's gonna do oral surgery to remove the infection and teeth if the root canals can't save them.

Gotta brag on myself for a sec...
I was offered pain medication...I passed on it. I was proud of myself for that. It hurts, but I can solider through. Took her a minute to realize i wasn't joking.

Other than that, I'm good. I'm looking forward to school starting for the family. As much as I love them, I NEED some quiet.

Ok time for bed..It's 3:15 am here.

thanks for listening.
Old 08-07-2019, 01:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Abscesses suck but antibiotics did a great job of taking the pain away almost over night.

Hope it's that way for you BD - and I hope the root canals work for you like they did me

D
Old 08-07-2019, 07:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for telling us Bulldog and 'm proud and appreciative of you sharing how you are approaching this. I finally had the MRI I have to have in order to have the surgeon consult for what I need to have done. I'm exhausted living with some amount of daily pain every day.

Keep us posted on how you do! You can do this.
Old 08-07-2019, 08:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
Thanks for telling us Bulldog and 'm proud and appreciative of you sharing how you are approaching this. I finally had the MRI I have to have in order to have the surgeon consult for what I need to have done. I'm exhausted living with some amount of daily pain every day.

Keep us posted on how you do! You can do this.
Hi August: have you read / heard of John Sarno's book on back pain? I find the concept interesting but have not had reason to read the book as I don't suffer from pain issues.
Old 08-07-2019, 11:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I havent! will look into it. We've pretty much done all the medical/PT/injection/etc stuff short of surgery but I certainly could use any other kind of info. Thanks.
Old 08-07-2019, 11:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I havent! will look into it. We've pretty much done all the medical/PT/injection/etc stuff short of surgery but I certainly could use any other kind of info. Thanks.
My good friend Annie Grace read the book and was cured of years of back pain. The theory is that certain emotional pain that we bottle up and don't want to address when it's happening ends up being stored and manifests itself as physical pain. Reading his book cured her and many others like her of such back pain - I guess he has some method of addressing the underlying emotional pain or something along those lines - what his "method" is I don't actually know. My understanding is that it's controversial (and some would argue it's quackery) and it's said to be one of those things that won't work unless you buy into it. You don't have much to lose by giving it a go!
Old 08-07-2019, 01:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Take this with a grain of salt, and you have probably already tried this, but I had chronic back pain for months. It was hard to lie down. It would spasm when I stepped off curbs or steps, it hurt to sit for a long time, it was relentless for about 6-8 months.

I started doing full squats as part of my routine. About 20 x three reps, three times a week.

I also got my weight just below a certain threshhold. I was about ten pounds heavier around December and January, just dropping that ten made an enormous difference.

I know this now because when I drop the squats from my exercise and/or gain up to that threshold, the back pain returns.

I think any excess weight throws off the delicate balance in our bodies and I think squats improve the strength of muscles and ligaments in the back that support the spine.

I might be nuts here...but these two things quite literally cured a bad problem. Might be something to try, if you have not already.
Old 08-07-2019, 02:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BullDog777 View Post
Just checkin in...I've got a huge abscess over 4 teeth in my mouth. I had to go to an emergency dental visit saturday.

Apparently it formed from an old facial fracture that never healed right.

She put me on antibiotics and i gotta go back in 2 weeks and she's gonna do oral surgery to remove the infection and teeth if the root canals can't save them.

Gotta brag on myself for a sec...
I was offered pain medication...I passed on it. I was proud of myself for that. It hurts, but I can solider through. Took her a minute to realize i wasn't joking.

Other than that, I'm good. I'm looking forward to school starting for the family. As much as I love them, I NEED some quiet.

Ok time for bed..It's 3:15 am here.

thanks for listening.
Good for you for passing on it! Sometimes over the counter meds work just as well depending on the problem.

When do your kids go back? My 13 year old (our other two are in their twenties) doesn’t go back until 8/29!