Notices

Day 1

Old 08-30-2018, 06:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1

Ugh...it's day 1 for me and I feel awful. My mind is so foggy, I'm sweating profusely and my body feels so stiff it's hard to type. I have a little nausea, but I am keeping fluids down. I've never had seizures or any severe symptoms so I think I'll be okay, but I'm keeping my phone next to me just in case. The worst part is I had to do a phone interview this morning like this. (I somehow got the job) I just hope I never I have to go through this again.
Old 08-30-2018, 09:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your new job, and your new life. No "ugh," only relief. Just relief that your life will now be lived with a clear head.

Take care of yourself this first week: pamper yourself in every way you can think of that doesn't involve alcohol and get lots of rest and sleep.

Go buy yourself a small gift, a token: for your first day at work and your first day of sobriety.
Old 08-30-2018, 01:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome.
I've been where you are hundreds of time, so I understand.
You don't 'just have to hope' you never have to go through this again. You don't.
I promise you this, if you don't pick up that first drink, you will never have to go through it again.

Just think, no more needless suffering, anxiety and fear. All cured by not drinking.
I took me many years to finally get it, but it's been nine years sober now.
And I am free of all those things as long as I don't pick up that first drink.
You can do it, too.
You're reaching out here. That's a great start. Do whatever is necessary not to drink.
Best to you.
Old 08-30-2018, 02:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

The misery will end soon, LF. Then you never have to return to the misery of the drinking life. Congratulations on making the big decision to get free. Welcome to an encouraging place.
Old 08-30-2018, 03:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR LightningFarron - great to have you join us. Hope you feel a little better.

D