Notices

still lost. please help. he’s away again

Old 08-14-2018, 10:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

still lost. please help. he’s away again

hi all; sorry is this is in the wrong area. my alhcolic ex boyfriend (the love of my life) lmost died again. He took the step to go to an out of state rehab in california. this makes me very happy, he will be gone for a long time. i’ve never been without him. my question is kind of selfish so don’t judge. i’ve never been to rehab. do rehabs allow men and women’s to be together? i’m worried. i. happy he’s getting help but women in california are beautiful. please don’t judge... i’ve just never been. also do they allow letters phone calls? thank you.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

all the rehabs i've been to were men and women together. Some aren't. You can always call ahead and ask.

As for calls ans visits, it's also rehab specific. i've been to a couple where no calls or visits in the first 2 weeks...others in the first 90 days. it just depends on the place.
Old 08-14-2018, 12:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

If you know the name of the rehab, they probably have a website you can go to that will answer most of your questions.
Old 08-14-2018, 12:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I would contact the facility just to get any questions you have answered and put your mind at ease. Just so you know, I live in Los Angeles, you can see the Hollywood sign from my apartment. I can ASSURE you, the vast majority of women here are no more beautiful than anywhere else. I think a lot of people have this misconception about Hollywood that it is just a bunch of super models walking around here. Not the case at all my dear . Hopefully, his focus is 100% on getting healthy anyway. That is where the focus should be.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Someone that's an ex and out of state in rehab, it likely would be best just to leave him be to his recovery.
Also it sounds like you've got some very strong codependency issues. I think the best thing to do is work on your own recovery with alanon meetings, which in the end will work out best for both.