Notices

not me

Old 11-10-2004, 07:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

not me

i'm thinking about going to a partial hospitalization program. i still can't get it out of my head that i'm okay, and that people like me don't do things like this. But then i look at my behavior- the drinking, depression, anxiety, eating disorder, the list goes on....and i know that i haven't been doing it for myself, so i might need more structure.

people in my life think all sorts of things- my dad thinks i just need to get a job and get busy....my mom thinks i just need to live at home and start taking care of myself..my friends think i need a residential program. i don't know what i need, but i'm going to start with the partial program and see how it goes...has anyone done one? any advice?
Old 11-11-2004, 02:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ninthchance
i'm thinking about going to a partial hospitalization program. i still can't get it out of my head that i'm okay, and that people like me don't do things like this. But then i look at my behavior- the drinking, depression, anxiety, eating disorder, the list goes on....and i know that i haven't been doing it for myself, so i might need more structure.
If you in fact have all the problems you mentioned above, you might want to consider a little more than a "partial" stay. Have you considered going to an AA meeting? You might be able to get some help with the drinking and possibly some answers to what to do about your other problems.

Originally Posted by ninthchance
people in my life think all sorts of things- my dad thinks i just need to get a job and get busy....my mom thinks i just need to live at home and start taking care of myself..my friends think i need a residential program. i don't know what i need, but i'm going to start with the partial program and see how it goes...has anyone done one? any advice?
I don't know how old you are but I'd tend to agree with your dad. But, before you try anything or make any decisions, it might be a good idea to stop drinking and get some advice from someone who knows your situation. Oh, and one more point. If you do have all the problems you listed above, half measures will avail you nothing. You should check with a doctor first and go from there.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
PACKER FAN

Hi There,
Im Diana. I Did Do A Program In 1995. But Mine Was Inpatient. After The Holidays, Im Going Back In. I Was Sober For A Year And A Half. I Should Never Have Started Again.dont Let People Tell You What To Do. You Sound Like You Allready Know That You Need A More Stuctured Enviroment. Changing Bad Habits Is Hard Enough, But This Is More Than A Bad Habit.
I Put My Foot Down With My Husband Today. I Told Him I Thought I Needed Help. To My Surprize He Didnt Argue. He Said Ok, As Long As We Didnt Tell People Where I Went. I Told Him They Will Know Anyway, Everyone Knows Im A Drinker. The Local Bar Will Go Broke [ha Ha] Im Here For You If You Need To Talk.
Diana, Trying Hard Too
Old 11-11-2004, 10:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

An inpatient recovery centre is a good idea and considerinig how much effort we put into drinking we owe it to ourselves to put that same effort into recovery.

The easier, softer way nearly killed me.