Notices

Breakups heartbreak and booze

Old 06-27-2018, 10:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Breakups heartbreak and booze

Boy u guys i been really upset lately my girlfriend of 4 years left me for another man a month n a half ago. It hurts so bad. I know booze was a factor...she didnt drink. I got so close to her n her 3 kids i feel like i lost my family. Im good during the day but at night i cry n miss her sitting next to me in my truck..i miss calling her n telling her about my day...miss her rubbing my back this is my first huge heartbreak n im 29. I been drinking again alot. Just got. New job n im waiting to start it. I just feel so LONELY. and a hangover makes it 50x worse. Someone tell me ill be ok n ill heal n ill find a woman i can start a family with. This time alcohol will not destroy my relationship. Sorry for the rant it just feels like nobody cares. All my friends r married and or have kids and are busy. Im just alone...it sucks to think that man has my family. I havent feltthis kind of pain before any tips from the members on getting iver this would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.thank you guys god bless
Old 06-27-2018, 11:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Nate

Someone tell me ill be ok n ill heal n ill find a woman i can start a family with.
Absolutely all that is true - but you need to put the bottle down, friend. There's no progress and no change to be had drinking the way we do.

D
Old 06-28-2018, 03:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

First, get rid of the booze, it isn't helping you one iota. Next, clean yourself up, pay attention to your man grooming. If you haven't shaved, get going. If you have a beard, trim it up. Be sure to wash your clothes, no dank jackets or overcoats either. Most women want their men to smell good. Brush your teeth before you go to bed, then again in the morning. Bad breath is a deal breaker for me. Start working out, it is good for the body and you can't believe how that will lift your mood. When you start feeling good about yourself it will show, you will get your swag going on. That can be very sexy to a woman. But cut out the booze, it is a path to no where. you can overcome this, but you need to get off the couch in order to find your mojo. If you have your own place, clean it up. Any woman who would be a potential mate will want to visit you eventually and see how you keep your flat. Have it neat and tidy. Learn how to make a few healthy meals, ask your mother for your favorite recipes, she will be flattered. Oh and keep a job. All these things will help make you a good catch. (Just don't be surprised if your ex wants to get back with you.)
Old 06-28-2018, 04:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great post from Lady!
Old 06-28-2018, 05:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

my fiance tossing me to the curb was the greatest event to happen to me. that was needed to happen for me to finally admit alcohol was the common denominator in all of my problems. that was the event that led me to start learning about myself and learning to love myself- to be comfortable in my own skin and be ok with being single.
Old 06-28-2018, 06:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sorry you are feeling down Nate, but all the comments above hit the nail on the head - drinking is the only problem you should be worrying about right now. Until you stop, none of the other things will ever get better.
Old 06-28-2018, 11:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Get better, friend! In early recovery my number one priority was getting and staying sober. Even today my sobriety is the most important thing in my life. If I stay sober everything else will fall in place. Wishing you the best!
Old 06-28-2018, 12:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Of course you can find a new woman and have a relationship........but only if you stop drinking and get into a recovery program.