Notices

Every 4 Fin months...

Old 02-20-2018, 06:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Every 4 Fin months...

Back to the doctor for more blood work and to make sure I'm still doin well. The appt is march 5th. Probably wont sleep till that's over. HAHAHAHHAA.

I hate having to get physicals every 4 months. I get the doc keeping me on a short leash from all the damage but this s#it is getting old.

I'm gonna address some concerns like having ongoing anxiety and some weird F'ing mood swings at night. My therapist wants to make sure it's not blood related like from low sugar. She thinks my medication might need to be adjusted. I think I might need to be back on anti-anxiety drugs in order to sleep more than 2-3 hours a night.

Other than that I'm kicking along happy one minute pissy the next....
Old 02-20-2018, 07:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I haven't been to the doctor in a decade. I feel fine, though.

You'll at least know when something's wrong with you.

yeah I would probably laugh if the doctor tried to put me on meds....ironically evaluating people's endless lists of medications is part of my profession...
Old 02-20-2018, 07:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Soberado

Originally Posted by BullDog777 View Post
Back to the doctor for more blood work and to make sure I'm still doin well. The appt is march 5th. Probably wont sleep till that's over. HAHAHAHHAA.

I hate having to get physicals every 4 months. I get the doc keeping me on a short leash from all the damage but this s#it is getting old.

I'm gonna address some concerns like having ongoing anxiety and some weird F'ing mood swings at night. My therapist wants to make sure it's not blood related like from low sugar. She thinks my medication might need to be adjusted. I think I might need to be back on anti-anxiety drugs in order to sleep more than 2-3 hours a night.

Other than that I'm kicking along happy one minute pissy the next....
I was the same way happy go lucky one minute and then MF'ing people the next. I cut out most caffeine and diet pop and it seems to have helped. Mind you I still get ****** just no where at the level it was.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SteelRes211 View Post
I was the same way happy go lucky one minute and then MF'ing people the next. I cut out most caffeine and diet pop and it seems to have helped. Mind you I still get ****** just no where at the level it was.
oh dear Lord......if they say i gotta get rid of the caffeine i just might f'ing snap. it's always something.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Soberado

oh dear Lord......if they say i gotta get rid of the caffeine i just might f'ing snap. it's always something.
Well I was not a coffee guy, I got my caffeine fix from Diet Coke. I think it was more than likely the artificial sweetener.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well I was not a coffee guy, I got my caffeine fix from Diet Coke. I think it was more than likely the artificial sweetener.
THIS IS NOT GOOD NEWS!!! I'M A DIET COKE JUNKIE!! IT'S MY LAST VICE!!
Old 02-20-2018, 08:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Soberado

I know tell me about it. They need to add a Diet Coke recovery section on this site, it was ugly. Not quite as tough as quitting my beloved vodka and Steel Reserve 211 beer but it's up there. Lol

Common symptoms:
Irratbility, random cursing, extreme impatients while in line at the grocery store, car horn honking, headaches, unexplained anger with instant lottery ticket scratchers at the sales counter, illiterate people at fast food drive thru's and a new found hatred of Coke Zero because it tastes like the real thing.

Good luck, I'm here for you and understand your pain..
Old 02-20-2018, 08:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I stopped diet soda two weeks ago. It was a huge crutch and I loved it.

I am way, way, less likely to overeat now. This was an unexpected finding.

But I will never ever give up caffeine. Coffee all morning and black tea all afternoon...just as madly in love with it as I was with diet soda.

Just saying....there's always caffeine.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I know tell me about it. They need to add a Diet Coke recovery section on this site, it was ugly. Not quite as tough as quitting my beloved vodka and Steel Reserve 211 beer but it's up there. Lol

Common symptoms:
Irratbility, random cursing, extreme impatients while in line at the grocery store, car horn honking, headaches, unexplained anger with instant lottery ticket scratchers at the sales counter, illiterate people at fast food drive thru's and a new found hatred of Coke Zero because it tastes like the real thing.

Good luck, I'm here for you and understand your pain..
thanks bud...i might take you up on that.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stayingsassy View Post
I stopped diet soda two weeks ago. It was a huge crutch and I loved it.

I am way, way, less likely to overeat now. This was an unexpected finding.

But I will never ever give up caffeine. Coffee all morning and black tea all afternoon...just as madly in love with it as I was with diet soda.

Just saying....there's always caffeine.
you are 100% on that...i definitely tend to eat more on the diet soda....substituting water this weekend SUCKED but i noticed a difference.
Old 02-20-2018, 10:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It sounds like you have a solid groups of medical professionals around you and that is a great thing. You can't be to proactive with your health, especially with a history of wrecking your body with alcohol.
Old 02-21-2018, 12:41 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I hate having to get physicals every 4 months.
then dont. get some gratitude,bulldog.
there are parents sitting in hospitals worlwide watching their children going throuh chemo. some of the children wont live to experience their first paycheck,first love, graduation,first time driving....quite a few other firsts.
those parents would behappy to have a doctor visit once every 4 months.

i once was mad because i had no shoes until i saw a man that had no feet.
Old 02-21-2018, 03:27 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Forward12 View Post
It sounds like you have a solid groups of medical professionals around you and that is a great thing. You can't be to proactive with your health, especially with a history of wrecking your body with alcohol.
very true
Old 02-21-2018, 06:30 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

It took me the better part of a couple years sober to finally address my anxiety issues, so I commend you for taking action so soon Bulldog. There is certainly some trial and error to be expected too, so good on you for making it a routine exercise to follow up with both your doc and therapist. Meds affect people very differently, and even the same person may need an adjustment over a period of time.

And on the caffeine thing, i cut WAY back and it really helped a lot. I still drink some coffee but go for decaf or half-caff. Even now that i've gotten my anxiety under control for the most part, if I dont' watch it and have a couple of large cups of full-test coffee it throws me for a loop for the better part of the day.
Old 02-21-2018, 07:48 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
It took me the better part of a couple years sober to finally address my anxiety issues, so I commend you for taking action so soon Bulldog. There is certainly some trial and error to be expected too, so good on you for making it a routine exercise to follow up with both your doc and therapist. Meds affect people very differently, and even the same person may need an adjustment over a period of time.

And on the caffeine thing, i cut WAY back and it really helped a lot. I still drink some coffee but go for decaf or half-caff. Even now that i've gotten my anxiety under control for the most part, if I dont' watch it and have a couple of large cups of full-test coffee it throws me for a loop for the better part of the day.
Until I go to my appt, I'm really trying to limit the caffeine. You're right though, if I'm loaded up on the coffee or pop, I tend to run a little high strung.

It helps to be able to get different insights into the anxiety issue. I really appreciate the kind words, Scott.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:05 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Diet Coke.... another one of my former addictions. I still like my caffeine but today it's obtained through black coffee or tea. No sweeteners in either case. No idea how many chemicals I was consuming when I was addicted to Diet Coke.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:02 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Rar

I seldom drank Coke or Pepsi until the new Diet Coke's came out. Now I'm having 2-4 a day (cherry and orange). The added caffeine makes me a bit edgy, but they sure are good. Have you tried them?
Old 02-22-2018, 08:15 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Bulldog kind of the same point, but....when I say I'm in love with tea now its no joke. I've become weirdly obsessed with different types of the earl grey, and trader Joe's makes this really kickass one and i was running low. So I called to ask if they had it and they said it was a holiday item. I completely lost. My. ****. Entire family heard me bitching about it for a full two days and then I went on a facebook rant about it which my FB friends found highly amusing.

Cross addict much?? .....hmm

Good luck on your physical.

And aside from cigarettes and sugar sodas? (These things are unfortunately deadly) if its not booze its ok.