Notices

2 months

Old 02-11-2018, 09:08 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I always tell myself is these moments, which there still are for me after more than 2 years, abstinence is not control.

Its was a hard lesson that Dee taught me, but now I got it.

Nothing, nada, not one sip, never.

Cause I know what happens.

Yesterday some friends were over having a glass of wine with my injured husband and for a split second I thought, why not.

The why not would take too long to post, but it was like an automatic thing, I didn't even want to drink, it just came out of nowhere.

After many years.

So you just have to keep reminding yourself that the fact that you even think these thoughts, means in fact that you have a problem with alcohol.

If not, why would you even think them when things are going so much better without it...

So I use these crazy thoughts as reminders that its always there, but all I have to do is ignore it.

But one sip and the bets are off, for me.

You got this.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:36 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
quat

Sohard
You could Quit for good , right now this second, if you want.
It sounds like you stopped but you are allowing yourself the option of more drinks.
But it also looks like you know you can't let that be an option, you can get that to be you don't /won't allow it to an option. Of course you can drink, the AV uses 'can't' just to float an alternative. Cut Its proverbial legs off " I can, but Ichoose not to" the AV can't choose not to, all It can do is get YOU to choose to.
It says" never say or think Never , no never do that" , that's how you beat It , you say " Never" and let It stew in discomfort and count the days since It last got You to give It its precious stuff.
Saying " I will Never Now drink" meaning whenever it happens to be Now I will not drink is the same thing, yeah ?
Your AV had you convinced that It was going to get some more booze if your sister showed yeah? I doubt the only reason you didn't get more booze was because your sister didn't come, I bet You decided .
Making a Big Plan means you only have to make that decision once, you become a nondrinker that instant, all the future times your AV tries to arrange a situation where It can get more booze , you'll instantly spot It, because the option for more booze will be removed by your decision.
Without the decision the AV just bides Its time and hopes to wear You out, cut It legs off, you can , rootin for ya
Old 02-11-2018, 09:41 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stayingsassy View Post
I'm at 4 and a half and I feel the same. Its good you are hanging in there, long enough to see the reward....hey you were the one who posted that super helpful stuff about the first year and brain healing. Maybe post that again? It was dead on for me and it might help you too!
Nearly 5 months now, wow that's a really good accomplishment!

As far the brain healing goes I don't really recall posting anything like that, or maybe I did and don't remember ha! Who ever did though, I wouldn't mind reading it ☺️

And about the reward after so long, who ever is having rough time in early sobriety, I know it's really hard those first few months, but you have to carry on, it does get better. I really felt like I was near death there. Thankfully that's behind me now
Old 02-11-2018, 09:51 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mtphc View Post
Nearly 5 months now, wow that's a really good accomplishment!

As far the brain healing goes I don't really recall posting anything like that, or maybe I did and don't remember ha! Who ever did though, I wouldn't mind reading it ☺️

And about the reward after so long, who ever is having rough time in early sobriety, I know it's really hard those first few months, but you have to carry on, it does get better. I really felt like I was near death there. Thankfully that's behind me now
sorry mt, I was quoting you because I feel just like you described...at 4 months, so just an affirmation for so hard that her good days are right around the corner.

So hard posted the brain healing article! Or a reference to it anyway....
Old 02-11-2018, 10:00 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Sohard, 61 days is FANTASTIC, congratulations. Your AV is one determined, sneaky SOB and is gonna use every trick in the book to try and trip you up. I'm over 7 years sober and I never hear anything from my AV but I'd bet it's still there waiting. What I did more than anything else was just suffer through it all. You'll make it, rootin for ya.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:04 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stayingsassy View Post
sorry mt, I was quoting you because I feel just like you described...at 4 months, so just an affirmation for so hard that her good days are right around the corner.

So hard posted the brain healing article! Or a reference to it anyway....
Oh that's ok ☺️

You're doing great by the way 👍
Old 02-12-2018, 02:26 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Congrats on 2 months!!Keep it going!!It's amazing result!