Notices

Whats your story?

Old 12-27-2017, 03:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Whats your story?

Just thought it would be interesting to hear other peoples stories on their drinking history and when and how they realized they had an issue with alcohol.

For me, none of my family have an issue with drinking and I never really drank during my teenage years, in my 20's and early to mid 30's I did the occasional binge(once a month at most) at the weekends when out on Friday or Saturday night but never did more than one night in a weekend and pretty much never drank during the week.

Mid 30's is where I seemed to get on the slippery slope, had a very stressful job(well stressful in my mind) and started having the odd drink during lunchtimes at work to take the edge off, this job led me to have a bit of a mini meltdown in the end and had to have time off work.

I think this is where I wrongly learnt, a stressful day, have a drink and it will help and this sort of spiraled out of control over the next 10 years or so where I was drinking any chance I got and planning my day around drinking and being able to hide it, I managed to stay employed during all this time but it has caused issues in my relationship, luckily my wife is still supporting me and well yeah here I am 19 days sober
Old 12-27-2017, 04:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

There's a whole forum dedicated to people with a year or more in recovery telling their stories.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/stories-recovery/
Old 12-27-2017, 04:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

An alcoholic loser on the road to death...GO ME!