Notices

An Update on my situation

Old 10-15-2017, 12:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry An Update on my situation

Hello everyone, it's been a while since I posted on here. I got DUI one year ago. And I had to take alcohol classes but they're all paid off now.

I thought that once I paid off my alcohol classes everything would be okay. I also have alot money saved up in the bank. I started a new job 2 months ago, and there was this girl I really liked, and I thought she liked me, but she didn't. Long story short, i'm in the process of quitting, we had a huge argument over text last night, and i'm wondering if any girl would ever like me. I honestly feel like a monster that just scares everyone away.

I have used to drink before going into work, and I have not done that for 1 year, but I have to work later on and I have been drinking all day. I am quitting, so it means nothing to me.

I think there's something wrong with me. I think that I will never be able to attract a woman, because they will think i'm too nice and boring. And i'm afraid. I honestly feel like if there is a God he made me to be the bane of every woman.
Old 10-15-2017, 01:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

YoungHyde,
Sorry to hear that thing don’t go well for you at the moment. A couple things: put down the bottle now, because one thing I can tell you from my own experience is that being drunk does NOT cause women to be more attracted to you.
It sounds like you’re on a good path after the DUI, stay the course, stay with SR, and continue to straighten out your act.
If you do, you WILL find the right woman - men who’ve got their act together will always be in demand! Good luck!
Old 10-15-2017, 03:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by YoungHyde25 View Post
Hello everyone, it's been a while since I posted on here. I got DUI one year ago. And I had to take alcohol classes but they're all paid off now.

I thought that once I paid off my alcohol classes everything would be okay. I also have alot money saved up in the bank. I started a new job 2 months ago, and there was this girl I really liked, and I thought she liked me, but she didn't. Long story short, i'm in the process of quitting, we had a huge argument over text last night, and i'm wondering if any girl would ever like me. I honestly feel like a monster that just scares everyone away.

I have used to drink before going into work, and I have not done that for 1 year, but I have to work later on and I have been drinking all day. I am quitting, so it means nothing to me.

I think there's something wrong with me. I think that I will never be able to attract a woman, because they will think i'm too nice and boring. And i'm afraid. I honestly feel like if there is a God he made me to be the bane of every woman.
Abusive drinking gets in the way of anyone knowing the real you. Including you.

Your self degrading thoughts (familiar to me, by the way) are alcoholic thoughts. I get the "crazies" when I drink. Some people get very angry. All alcoholic behavior, alcoholic thoughts.

Quit drinking. Do some self searching, do things that make you feel good about yourself, things that build you up as a person.

And women will notice.
Old 10-15-2017, 07:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

you allow yourself to get distracted from the number one thing on the list.
or: it is not the number one spot on the list.
Old 10-15-2017, 07:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Soberado

Originally Posted by Mac4711 View Post
YoungHyde,
Sorry to hear that thing don’t go well for you at the moment. A couple things: put down the bottle now, because one thing I can tell you from my own experience is that being drunk does NOT cause women to be more attracted to you.
It sounds like you’re on a good path after the DUI, stay the course, stay with SR, and continue to straighten out your act.
If you do, you WILL find the right woman - men who’ve got their act together will always be in demand! Good luck!
Yep, Mac4711 is correct fix the drinking 1st. Plus being a non-drinker does not make one boring and no fun either.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mac4711 View Post
As a woman I second this statement. Good looks, self confidence and success will catch a woman's eye, but responsibility, integrity, compassion, humor, enthusiasm, passion for life....all the good stuff that requires a man be in tune with his inner self...catches a woman's heart.
Old 10-16-2017, 04:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi YoungHyde, I empathize with your post. Just remember, though, that the ladies aren't going to solve your problems and, given the right set of circumstances, could make things even worse. My experience, such as it is, has taught me to seek out my own meaning first and worry about relationships later. Puts you in a healthier mindset. And it doesn't involve drinking.
Old 10-16-2017, 05:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

There is a great piece in the big book about this. It goes something like " job or no job, wife or no wife, we simply do not tsp drinking so long as we place dependence upon other people ahead of dependence upon God ( of our understanding)

Burn into the conciseness of every alcoholic that he can get well regardless of anyone. The only condition is that he trust in God and clean house."

Powerful stuff, the truth.