Notices

I'm Afraid

Old 06-28-2017, 04:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm Afraid

Hi All. I'm afraid to go back to rehab because I'll lose my freedom and my phone and my kitty. My boyfriend will have had enough, I'm sure of it. Please help
Old 06-28-2017, 04:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Are you feeling like you might drink?

There's a ton of support here. Please use it.
Post around for help, post to help other people, play in the arcade...

Do you have any other support besides SR?

Things like AA or some other recovery group, Dr, counsellor, outpatient rehab...all those are possible avenues without inpatient rehab

Try and relax - you never have to drink if you don't want to

D
Old 06-28-2017, 04:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You're never alone here!
Just hang on and keep posting!
Big hug
Jules
Old 06-28-2017, 05:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

I'm afraid to go back to rehab cud U.K. Lose my children. Have u that much to lose at this time in your life? Go to rehab. Your not playing with lifestyles here you are choosing your life. If I didn't have dependents id go to rehab. Boyfriend partner bla bla is not worth it. Ever. Get to rehab do it do not postpone for another person gb
Old 06-28-2017, 06:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

It is a scary proposition for sure. Do you think you can stay sober without going back?
Old 06-28-2017, 06:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
nez

6 months after leaving rehab, I relapsed for 10 days. It was a quick descent right back to the level of my previous bottom, but the elevator didn't stop there. In total desperation I called the rehab. I didn't care about what I would lose by going back, I was terrified about what I would lose if I didn't.

My counselor asked me what I would learn this time that I didn't learn the first time. He then refused to readmit me. I hated that man with a vengeance at that point. I since have come to realize what a difficult, but loving and compassionate thing he did for me. I had the tools, the rest was up to me.

Not trying to be mean, but if you are considering going back to rehab, how much freedom do you experience now? I know that when I relapsed, I had none, I was a slave. Today I have more true freedom than I ever imagined.

Step 10 Promises
And we have ceased fighting anything or anyone-even alcohol. For by this time sanity will have returned. We will seldom be interested in liquor. If tempted, we recoil from it as from a hot flame. We react sanely and normally, and we will find that this has happened automatically. We will see that our new attitude toward liquor has been given us without any thought or effort on our part. It just comes! That is the miracle of it. We are not fighting it, neither are we avoiding temptation. We feel as though we had been placed in a position of neutrality—safe and protected. We have not even sworn off. Instead, the problem has been removed. It does not exist for us. We are neither cocky nor are we afraid. That is how we react so long as we keep in fit spiritual condition.

Alcoholics Anonymous pp.84-85
Old 06-28-2017, 06:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi vigilance,
I finally reached a point in my life when I would have given away everything for sobriety. Sobriety needs to be the priority in your life. I found that staying sober has a way of fixing most of the negative issues in my life. You can do it.
Old 06-28-2017, 06:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hows it going VN?

D
Old 06-29-2017, 03:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

I was reluctant to go back to rehab too, even though many of my new AA friends seemed to be totally sold on the idea. Deep down I was frightened that I would do the same thing I did with the first rehab. I knew the right things to say and do to get through without too much discomfort, and I came out much the same as when I went in. And I remembered the fear when it came time to leave, knowing I had wasted an opportunity.

I felt that it was best for me to remain in the community and face up to life. With the help of AA and the support of a good sponsor, I was able to make a full recovery. My sponsor stayed completely neutral on the subject BTW.