Notices

Day 4 too :)

Old 05-29-2017, 06:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4 too :)

I'm also on day 4 and my sleeping is getting a tiny bit better. I have way more energy and I'm thinking more clearly. The one major thing I'm still battling is the anxiety and the depression. The depression comes and goes. One moment I'll feel on top of the world and the next moment, I'm consumed with sadness. I know this rollercoaster will even itself out eventually. The problem with the anxiety is that I find myself taking in deep breaths and exhaling - as if I'm constricted and this exhaling releases it. I don't know if I'm explaining it right - I'm not having chest pains or anything like that, just this need to exhale. Has anyone else gone through that? Also, I've noticed I have some OCD tendencies! I'm super organized when I find myself tidying up. LOL - that might be a good side affect of being sober

I'm thankful for another sober day.
Old 05-29-2017, 06:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on Day 4 Lench,

Good job on getting through the weekend without caving. Like you, my moods were all over the place. The only thing that made me get out of my head was to get outside, get some fresh air, go for walk, a run. I never regretted getting a good workout in, as it always made me feel better.

I'm not sure what you're experiencing with your breathing. I never experienced it. Perhaps someone else here has.

Take care and hang in!
Old 05-29-2017, 07:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm a bit of an expert on anxiety. Well, HAVING anxiety, not what to do about it...

I do know what you mean, it's one of the many ways that anxiety uses to mess with your body. Search for some breathing exercises designed to counter anxiety and practice them.

Good luck