Notices

looking for a sponsor

Old 05-02-2017, 02:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question looking for a sponsor

hi i'm new to AA 8 days sober. my name is Diane. I'm looking for a sponsor as there are no women available locally to sponsor me i would prefer someone in Canada so if needed i could phone them. or if any one has any resources they could give me that would be good as will. thank you
Old 05-02-2017, 02:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Diane,

Have you tried calling AA central in different locations? They would be willing to give you many women's numbers to help you.

Good luck and many prayers
Old 05-02-2017, 03:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

yes i have even though i tell them the situation they say to call my local office for help because they can't give out numbers to people not in the area as there is a shortage of women willing to sponsor so local to the area get priority i have called my local office as and they have no women willing to sponsor right now. is my province they did say to try finding an online sponsor but had no resources to pass on to me. so hence why i am here
Old 05-02-2017, 04:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Do you know any women in a similar position to you? There must be many. Find another who wants to take the steps, get a big book, go online and download the steps material from bigbooksponsorship and work through the steps together. The 32 pages summary of the directions for taking the steps is very easy to follow.

Fifth step you can always take with someone outside the fellowship, like a priest.
Old 05-02-2017, 06:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I know a woman that felt comfortable with a male member that she is sponsored by him. She now has sponsored a couple of guys. Not the ideal situation but willing to go to any lengths I guess.