Notices

Day 162: PAWS? Anxiety? Both?

Old 04-06-2017, 02:02 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

exercise does help btw.
Old 04-06-2017, 02:36 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

i had days about 2-6 months into recovery where I felt like I had a hangover without the physical symptoms. confused, no mental clarity,couldnt focus....it wasn't every day that it would happen.
i mentioned it once to the man who became my sponsor. he said," i don't know if its from alcohol or not, but being around ya,watchin ya, and listening to ya, you've been thinkin too much and could be mentally exhausted.
ya know, i looked up brain fog shortly after that:
brain fog- also known and brain fatigue.
huh!
Old 04-06-2017, 05:34 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ljc267 View Post
How would you describe it?
It is always different. Sometimes I have a feeling like I am not comfortable in my own skin; sometimes I feel like I want to run and hide but I am paralyzed at the same time. I sometimes feel like life is a dream and I want to wake up and feel normal again - but I don't know what normal is anymore. Other times I feel like I am about to lose control and freak out and I have no sense of time or what day it is or what is real or in my mind.

After 27 years of only feeling good when I was drunk it is hard to adjust to my new way of living.

Then their is the fact that I am constantly "checking in" to see how I feel so I am constantly evaluating how I feel so I am self-conscience of everything. It can be agonizing at times.