Notices

day one.....

Old 02-07-2017, 04:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day one.....

So after a very long work week( 7 days on, 15 hrs OT) I made the snap decision to have a drink...and you all know it's never just one....I downed the whole bottle thru out the day, did absolutely nothing.....woke up this morning feeling so bad......dry heaving and shaking uncontrollably....drank lots of Gatorade and am finally starting to feel better. I think I will try to eat something, I know it will help.
Old 02-07-2017, 04:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
2/2016

You can do this Jack. You never have to feel that bad again.
Old 02-07-2017, 05:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

glad ya were able to make it back.
maybe its time to look into a recovery program/make a plan?
Old 02-07-2017, 05:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah.....I need to do something...obviously the memories of the horrific withdrawals isn't enough to keep me from drinking. It's hard to find time for a meeting....I work nights, hubby works days, no sitter..but I did download the big book app on my phone...I'm going to read it when I'm not on this site, along with The Bible. Just tired of feeling crappy. Right now I'm not completely 100%, but I feel so much better than I did this morning.
Old 02-07-2017, 06:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Sometimes we need further proof that there can never be 'just one' for us. I wasted so many years thinking I could use willpower - but it never worked once. We always think this time will be different - we'll be super careful and not overdo it. Once I admitted that could never happen, I was able to get free. You will too, SOJ. We're with you.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Managed to eat some spaghettios and bread w/ butter.....feel a little queezy, but I know I need to try to keep this food down as it will help. My thirst is back, so I'm drinking lots of fluids, whatever sounds good to me....water, Gatorade, soda, chocolate milk.....whatever I can get that has some calories and nourishment....when I drank the whole bottle yesterday I didn't eat or really drink anything, so my body isn't very happy with me. The shakes are almost all gone, just trying to work thru the stomach upset and foggy headedness.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I hated those days where i was too sick to eat or even drink water. the shakes...the fog, the...everything. It's just a rough way to keep living. It's exhausting.

Early sobriety is messy and scary and confusing, but this is the easier, softer way. It never ever gets better when you're still on the bottle.

I hope you feel better soon.
Old 02-07-2017, 08:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

All of it bites. I keep saying it but I NEVER want to go thru my last hangover...it was the hangover that broke the camels back. Enough was enough. Scared the heck out of me. Stay close Ms. Jack. Post as much as you can...lots of help here. Welcome!
Old 02-07-2017, 11:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Don't kick yourself. Shame is not a helpful emotion where you're at. I've worked my way through unfortunately a bunch of relapses, all thankfully short in nature (couple days). You mentioned God. The good thing is in his eyes, you are the same perfect soul. You can fail from time to time, but you will never be a failure in his eyes, as you are an eternal success! Hope you are doing well. Feel free to pm me if you like.
Old 02-08-2017, 12:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScaredOfJack View Post
Yeah.....I need to do something...obviously the memories of the horrific withdrawals isn't enough to keep me from drinking. It's hard to find time for a meeting....I work nights, hubby works days, no sitter..but I did download the big book app on my phone...I'm going to read it when I'm not on this site, along with The Bible. Just tired of feeling crappy. Right now I'm not completely 100%, but I feel so much better than I did this morning.
Jack, I know that horrid feeling well.
And that's just after one day.
Don't put yourself through it again, my friend.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Alcohol is a snake. Nothing good about it. Keep trying. Get a plan, get busy, stay committed to sobriety. Make your day so busy you won't have time to drink. Alcoholism is relentless. You have to be just as diligent in beating this disease. Screw the cravings. What's more important, the cravings or living a full life?
Hang in there. We're here for ya.
Old 02-12-2017, 03:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hows the recovery plan coming Jack?

D
Old 02-13-2017, 04:10 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I don't post here much man , but I we can all empathize with you. Reading this has made me want to post more here. You can do this , so can I! Just get back on that wagon mate.