Notices

Here I go again

Old 12-09-2016, 12:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here I go again

I am new here. You all have probably heard or lived what I am about to say. In the last 10 years, I have been hospitalized for alcohol withdrawel 8 times. I sufferred it at home more times than I can think of. Obviously, I have failed often. I am still trying. This sucks! Day 1 of trying again. Pain in my left side. Probably pancreatitis again. Going to ER. Again. I know this drill so well you would think I would quit forever by now! No food for days because the pancrease needs to rest. Then overeating when they give you food. Then the cramps from you body digesting food it hasn't had in days. Dear Lord let this be the last time for me!
Old 12-09-2016, 01:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! While you are at the ER spend some time reading and posting. Also, be honest with the doctor, he/she may be able to point you in the right direction when you get out.
Old 12-09-2016, 01:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you're going through such pain. Just remember, you never have to do it again if you don't take that first drink.
I was hospitalized twice and should have been more. Just lay in bed and suffered. I was embarrassed and demeaned and had no self esteem or pride left in me.
I figured I was doomed to that life.
But, it's been almost six years since my last drink. You can do it, too. It may take action on your part, but I was a bad drunk and put the energy I put into drinking and recovering from drink into getting sober.
It's a great life sober and I hope you find it.
Old 12-09-2016, 01:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

GTDT- great for posting. A change in your thinking perhaps? You know the physical stuff- do you ensure the medical staff know your full history? Nutrition is very important. I was tube fed for 10 days or so from horrible burns by booze. God please let it be the last time? You need to make that happen- god will help, but you need to make the effort. You know how bad it got for you- there is worse, I know. Won't bore you with that. If you want to be better- you need to do it- with a plan ,medical help, therapy, support, meetings and a huge change in thinking and lifestyle. First one- no more drinking, you know where that leads. It is up to you. My choice became quite black and white after burns left me clinically dead under the knife 3 times- very close to it on the way to ER.
CHOICE- NUMBER- ALL YOU HAVE LEFT, ME: Choose alcohol and death, for keeps next time or choose life. Do you want to be left with that? Don't go there. The choice is yours. I give you my thoughts, support and prayers. Keep posting- SR is a safe and supportive community. PJ
Old 12-09-2016, 01:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Goingtodothis

It really can be the last time

Joining this community and getting involved daily really changed things for me - I hope it can change things for you too

D