Notices

2nd DUI from MA have questions?

Old 09-19-2004, 08:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy 2nd DUI from MA have questions?

My husdand was arrested for a 2nd DUI, his first was 18yrs ago. He was caught because I called the police on him. I begged him not to leave but he did. It was at 10AM in the morning and all the children in the area where out playing I could not live with myself if he hurt one of them. Anyway his DUI program is about to begin, I am wondering if anyone here has done the program in Massachusetts 14day in house and the after care. HE is very scared and nervous. He's been a little better about his drinking, but when he drinks all he does is yell at me that it's my fault. I'm dealing with that myself. But it would help me to know what the program is like. I do love him and I am concerned for him. I only pray that the program helps him. If anyone could has gone through it please explain.

Thank You
Old 09-19-2004, 08:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face

Hello Losenit--I live in Missouri, so I don't know anything about the program you are talking about, but I am an alcoholic who knows that your husband can get help from any program if he is Honest, Open-minded, and Willing. It is all up to him. He could go to the best program in the world and not get a thing out of it if he doesn't want the help. You can't do anything to help him except not be an enabler--calling the police on him was a brave and caring thing to do. You can do something to help yourself, though. Have you thought about attending Al-anon? There is a forum here for Al-anon and also for Friends and Family of Alcoholics. You might try posting there. A lot of people are there who know where you are coming from and care share their experiences.

Hang in there. Your husband will be okay.

Hugs--
Old 09-19-2004, 07:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Losenit . I also am not from your area, so I don't have any specefics on that program. But as Laura Mentioned, honetsty, open-mindedness, and willingness are absolutly necessary for your husband to recover. You did the right thing by calling the police. It would probably have been much easier for you to just keep the peace and not intervene. But by doing so you may have saved a life. For sure, you have answered the prayers of many other mothers-you helped keep their children safe. God bless you.