Notices

Give it a rest.

Old 02-24-2016, 09:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Give it a rest.

I took my family out of town for a fun getaway last weekend. Upon checking into the hotel I was offered a cocktail by the manager. When I told him we were busy I was offered a bottle of wine for our room. After extricating myself I found our room had a wine opener on a towel by the fridge. On the desk was a reminder to not miss cocktail hour. Went out to a nice restaurant for dinner and ordered a bottle of pelligrino. It was served in a wine chiller with a wine glass. It seriously would not stop and got comical. I actually started laughing out loud and my wife looked at me like a maniac! What other addiction has to deal with this? Imagine checking into an upscale hotel and finding a complimentary crack pipe on the night stand. I have no desire to drink but I really feel for someone who would run through that gauntlet newly sober. On another note I actually had a friend who purchased a llama because he was going on a hike. Get this ....the llamas purpose was to carry his booze because it weighed too much! Completely true story! You can not make this stuff up about this disease. Poor llama can you imagine.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Very true and your amazing getting through that
Old 02-24-2016, 11:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

lol at the crack pipe. $20 cover all you can smoke!
Alcohol is legal. I imagine people use that as an excuse because they're in denial about their drinking or they don't have a problem. Either way yeah it's ridiculous. But good for you not giving in!
Old 02-24-2016, 11:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh and poor llama!
Old 02-25-2016, 06:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I did find a crack pipe on a shelf in a hotel room I checked in to one time.
It was that kind of place and why I was there at the time.

Glad all that is over and years gone.

Alcohol is a different matter, being about everywhere.
I just stroll on by the coolers and what not and view it as the dangerous drug it is.
Old 02-25-2016, 09:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Woah. Alcohol 'pushers' !!

Had you told the staff at reception that you're alcohol free and not to offer it?
Old 02-25-2016, 10:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm laughing so hard at the "complimentary crack pipe." Bwahahahaha!
In all seriousness though, congrats on getting through that!
Old 02-25-2016, 11:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hotels make a lot of money on booze, that's why they push it. Good job on abstaining.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hahaha hilarious! The llama reminded me of my mum's friend who was head of catering/stores on a territorial army trip and organised a further vehicle purely to carry her supply of coca cola!

Not that i'm judging - it would have been beer or rum with the old me.

Glad you withstood the barrage.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
quat

Talking with someone the other day about his recent trip . He couldn't have been more pleased with the all inclusive resort , he mentioned they stock the villas with top shelf booze before anything else weather , accommodations ect.
Made me wonder if I could negotiate for an even better rate , imagine how much of the cost is tied up in supplying the 'unlimited ' alcohol. I have to believe that at least 75% of all the guests drink 'normally' , wonder if they realize how much they are subsidizing the other 25%'s "fun".
Any travel agents around? Maybe we could set up a teetotaler club med , I bet resort owners would appreciate that crowd as much or even more than nonsmokers
Old 02-25-2016, 07:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I just can't get over the poor llama relegated to following a drunk through the woods strapped to the gills with booze. I could not believe my ears when he told me he purchased a llama! I tried pleading for the poor creature!