Notices

Kindling, who has it?

Old 01-17-2016, 05:53 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yeah it's not fun. moments spent in the heart stopping withdrawal phase make every minute seem like an eternity that you may or may not survive.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:07 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sleeps,

I wonder if its nature's way of saying, enough is enough.

I don't have it, but it still gets harder each time -- its all in the head.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:09 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I am sure. Like I Said before, it quit me, I didn't quit it. But at least I made it anyway. I guess sober by default is better than dyin'. Or ending up hospitalized under dire conditions.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:24 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Sleeps,

It quit a lot of us, we were just too stubborn to see it, but you did.

And then with bentos on top.

You are quite something my friend.

I take it work is work. I do think its great to have a reason to get out of bed, at least it is for me, even if its not a great reason.

How is your Sunday going??
Old 01-17-2016, 06:46 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
zjw

i do have one friend just a couple drinks he wakes up in full on panic with the shakes etc.. the following morning barely move etc... he just does his best to avoid it all together anymore.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:34 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

Kindling is absolutely a real phenomenon. Especially over the last year and a half of my drinking, every time I left off alcohol, withdrawals got increasingly worse. And each time it took less and less alcohol and time spent drinking to go into still worse withdrawals when I attempted to quit again. I found myself no longer able to quit without at least going to the doctor. I went to detox facilities the last 2 times. I never ever want to go through that again!

As for food prepared with alcohol, I make it a point to ask, just as anyone with a peanut allergy should find out if s/he is about to eat something with peanuts or peanut oil in it.
Old 01-18-2016, 07:09 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I am absolutely terrified of kindling.
Old 01-18-2016, 11:02 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

It's bad and progresses so quickly, as if once the switch is flipped, game over :/
Old 01-19-2016, 12:30 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Sleepie...it seems to me that you may have felt forced into the choice of quitting because of what was going on for you physically. I personally don't think that that matters at all. It seems to me you think that it does - that if someone chooses to give up drinking purely of their own volition without any persuasion of any kind, somehow that makes them a better person. Am I wrong in thinking you feel that way?
Old 01-19-2016, 05:48 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
It's bad and progresses so quickly, as if once the switch is flipped, game over :/
This has been a pretty hard month for me. Actually today marks an anniversary in "how long since I've drank" but the cravings have been absolutely insane. I don't recall being hit with them anywhere near as hard as I have the last couple of weeks. I've almost bought wine on the logic that being an occasional wine drinker would be okay - I've had dreams about drinking. I think the only thing that has stopped me - the big brick wall - was the fear of withdrawal and potential kindling.
Old 01-19-2016, 08:03 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

That's true Shab.
You saw what I said to Walk on Cow's thread about how it doesn't matter how it's done... but actually even he made more of a choice than I did if he chose to take the pill instead of quitting because he had kindling/withdrawal.