Notices

Paws

Old 01-05-2016, 12:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

Paws

I know that plenty has been posted about this topic here before, but since I'm going through it and found this article reassuring, I thought I'd share it. Some of these symptoms are dead on! Glad to know I'm not the only one.

http://alcoholrehab.com/addiction-re...awal-symptoms/
Old 01-05-2016, 02:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the article, I can relate, I went through an in patient 28 day Intensive Treatment program 3 years ago, that is when I first shared my history other than questions about alcohol, part of their theory is many/most of us have underlying issues that need to me treated which was true in my case, I learned at the age of 16 to self medicate using alcohol. I was able to talk with a health professional trained in mental health and addictions, I was told I have PTSD. I since relapsed twice but only because I didn't continue with treatment, work and over confidence but that has changed, I am back at the plan and will see it through.
Old 01-06-2016, 02:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting. I have had i PAWS also. My last episode was around a year sober, just a few months ago. I hope to be nearing the end of them! The symptom desriptions are generally accurate, so at least I knew what was happening. Fortunately, the symptoms leave as quickly as they appear, usually around 2-3 days for me.
Old 01-07-2016, 04:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The anhedonia has been my longest and most troubling symptom.
The other PAWS symptoms have pretty much come and gone,
but that one hangs on.