Notices

About to throw the towel in

Old 12-11-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

About to throw the towel in

Dealing with health related matters alone.
No family to speak of, went no contact with them years ago due to their many years of abuse.
Also been kicked while down far too many times in life as well as bullied out of things- jobs, social circles- you name it.
I guess that's life. Life, I have been told many times over, is unfair.
Well then who am I to fight it?
I not a person who is cared for, IRL. So what's the point?
I've been laying in bed for days. Paralyzed with test after test after "We'll need to watch this" ambiguity from doctors. Expensive out of pocket doctors.

Sorry if I'm not all pink clouds.
Old 12-11-2015, 07:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you're going through hard times right now, but drinking isn't going to make it better. You have SR as support even if you don't have family to talk to. Stay strong Sleepie.
Old 12-11-2015, 07:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

What do you mean by "throw in the towel"? If you mean drinking it will only make everything you just listed worse. They are just feelings Sleepie...and they will pass.
Old 12-11-2015, 07:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, of course, drinking.
Old 12-11-2015, 07:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

A night of relief would be very welcome. A person can only handle so much on their own.
Old 12-11-2015, 07:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

You have a lot of support here sleepie and I think you have a bright future in front of you so long as you can challenge this kind of negative self talk.

It's ok to feel down and have a bad day...but don't drink on it or anything like that - there's no answers there.

D
Old 12-11-2015, 08:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Living with LD is a living hell.
life tells you in so many ways you are unwanted.
It never ends. Ever.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Sleepie, I doubt it would be just one night. What would you do tomorrow when you feel even worse?

I know for myself, if I start drinking I won't stop at one drink, or one night.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
A night of relief would be very welcome.
Yes it would. But drinking will not bring relief. It will bring you more sorrow, more guilt and more pain. And yes, one can only handle so much...but you know that you have an unending source of support here at SR ....use it to get through this moment. That's all it is, just a moment . Read some of your other posts today when you were happy and ready to make this the "sober" year. You are still that same person, just feeling down.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sometimes you have to just say what people want to hear.

This is how I really feel.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
Sometimes you have to just say what people want to hear.
What exactly do you mean by that? People here want to help you and say what they say because they mean it
Old 12-11-2015, 08:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

The only thing drinking does reliably well is make everything worse, Sleepie. C'mon.
Old 12-11-2015, 11:29 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Sleepie, your courage to stick with it and do the hard work is inspiring to me. Others also, I'm sure. Don't lose hope now.

I hope you feel better soon.

-try to find a way to pamper yourself if you can. Hot bath? Good tunes? Movie? Pizza? -there's gotta be something you can do just for you.
Old 12-12-2015, 12:12 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I care for you in my real life.
Old 12-12-2015, 05:15 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
zjw

life has its ups and downs and sometimes it seems like a heck of a lot more downs and like you said it is even worse when your kicked while your down and then kicked a few more friggen times and your ike OMG will it let up so i can maybe breathe even? I swear the only motivating force i've had at times is the force from the last kick in the face or the force from the next one.

And did i think of drinking HECK YEAH I DID!! but I always felt I was damned if i do damned if i dont. I felt i couldnt win with drinking and i coudlnt win without drinking. I had to figure out how to accept things how they where. things just are the way that they are sometimes and sometimes that SUCKS! but I had to think well ? do i wanna sit here in this pit or do i wanna kinda just float along till the tide changes? Or is it possible even swim my way to shore?

Hang in there sleepie. with your anxiety issues I can only imagine what the next morning after a heavy night of drinking would be like for you. That alone would scare me from doing it. Even Tho i know sometimes its like man would i just love to numb out with some booze right now. The cost for that booze is just too high a price we cant afford it. Heck many of us are still paying the price for our last handful of rounds.
Old 12-12-2015, 05:23 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Sleepie, I don't have much to add to what the others have said.

Just know that there's a lot of us here rooting for you.
Old 12-12-2015, 05:26 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi sleepie

I'm so sorry you're going through this. You mentioned a night of relief - but you know it won't stop there. Many of us are the same and that one night would lead to many, many more and who knows if we would ever make it back to sobriety.

Take it easy and it's okay to feel lousy. I hope it passes soon for you. We are all part of this community and you're not alone
Old 12-12-2015, 05:34 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Don't throw in the towel sleepie
get through the month--

I'm sorry you are hurting
Old 12-12-2015, 06:49 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sleepie let's reverse this imagine I'm saying this to you & in the end I don't listen

What would say to me when I was actively drinking
Old 12-12-2015, 07:09 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Sleepie, do you think there are people out there with learning disabilities who don't drink away their frustrations and pain? Do you think there are people from abusive families who don't drink?

I hear resentment in many of your posts... envy, resentment, anger. At some point I hope you are able to take what you are dealing with and dig in and start from where you are and embrace some kind of acceptance.

There are days I wish my mom hadn't made my childhood a challenge to get through. And I guess not a day goes by that I don't wish she hadn't killed herself. Some days I even partially blame myself for kind of giving up on her.

These are things that will never change. The events and happening won't change, but my acceptance of them as part of my reality has changed. That is the life I was given, beyond my control. But I can control how I respond and react to them. And in sobriety, that's what I've been doing ... learning how to handle those crazy feelings.

You don't have to be a victim.

You don't have to be tangled up in your resentment and anger anymore.

It really is a choice.