Notices

No off button? It's pretty baffling isn't it?

Old 11-22-2015, 10:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
The hoop you have to jump through is a lot wider than you think!

No off button? It's pretty baffling isn't it?

if you're reading about alcoholism then more than likely something has happened to you recently. You either hurt yourself, hurt someone else have anxiety and depression. As cheesy as this sounds you're not alone. Thousands and thousands and thousands of us have come together for support. I was told that if you're not sure you're an alcoholic then just see if you can drink one. Now that doesn't mean you drink one and act like a wild buffalo keeping yourself from the second one LOL. If you cannot then you're probably in alcoholic and that's nothing to be ashamed of. What a lot of people think is that you have to hit a serious rock bottom in order to get sober. A lot of people are not at that point yet in their lives and also have family that enable us to continue drinking what that means is that they either bail us out of jail or they clean us up in many ways. My last round was five days after my parents promised they wouldn't bail me out of jail anymore. That was also 10 years ago November 30. Sometimes it's depressing to admit you have a problem because you don't want to be like an alcoholic that's depressed but you don't have to hit that kind of a bottom you can stop drinking before you get there. There are a lot of groups and support that are very healthy. Once I got involved with some very high bottom drinkers that are alcoholic I went into those less fun meetings and saw all the similarities and not the differences. We Are really fun people we just don't drink when Imind spirit and body is intact. One thing I learned is to not put too much pressure on yourself. I just say I'm not gonna drink "today "maybe tomorrow I'll drink. Then I'd wake up and say OK I'm not going to drink "today "see what I'm saying?
The number one main thing that convinced me that I was alcoholic is looking into the chemical part. I have to have hard proof I don't want someone telling me oh you have to stay out of trouble blah blah blah you have to quit drinking because that's what normal people do blah blah blah. It is call chemical dependency it's not just about feelings it's about how your body is wired. I highly recommend looking up Dr. silkworth. The beauty of it is once you know that it's a real disease by reading the symptoms and signs you can then ask yourself with clear-cut direction am I an alcoholic? A lot of people say it's a mental obsession followed by a physical allergy. Not don't get me wrong the word allergy is very debatable. But from a chemical standpoint any drug changes the way we feel and for some reason that's what we want to change the way we feel because we are not comfortable in our own skin. With that , if you're going through any kind of physical withdrawal please seek help one of the things you can monitor is your blood pressure if your blood pressure is high you need to get to a doctor as soon as possible your body might be so saturated that it's become normalized with alcohol. You must detox under supervision.
Old 11-29-2015, 04:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Interesting. I usually forget about the physical aspect of this condition. Hopefully someday, maybe a hundred years from now, there'll be a complete explanation for the cause of alcoholism and a perfect medication for it, or some other cure.