Notices

5 days sober but I like it....

Old 11-11-2015, 12:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

5 days sober but I like it....

Man it seems like the further I run from my mistakes, the more that I become, weightless and numb.

The stars will be my company tonight....

I wish I could find the calm beneath the storm ... I was gaming with a few friends and drank a few Coronas with it and to be honest it felt great. I knew when to STOP. This is recovery but not everyone ends with a story book ending. Its never easy letting go when the feeling is so familiar .... Maybe its an illusion .... slow down.

No one said this journey was a race.

Yeah.

Whether your 1 day or 10 years sober , It's not the drink its.. US. Us who decide to quit and leave it all behind .. man, on and on. Everyone has their own story, Sleepy, Dee, Soberwolf, all the super heros on this forum o/ respect.

I keep forgetting to remind myself why I want to quit drinking? I realize a lot of people don't have a reason too that's why..

Loss of family member, loss your job, friend ... etc..

You know what I have to say about that....

sometimes your stuck in a no WIN situation ...

But atleast I am moving forward..............

Cheers Dru
Old 11-11-2015, 12:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Dru

wish I could find the calm beneath the storm ... I was gaming with a few friends and drank a few Coronas with it and to be honest it felt great. I knew when to STOP. This is recovery but not everyone ends with a story book ending. Its never easy letting go when the feeling is so familiar .... Maybe its an illusion

Like I said to someone else here today, the most dangerous times for me were when I drank and nothing bad happened...I drank, I stopped, I went home. I felt like I was gliding home. I'd found 'normal drinking'....

of course it never lasts. From this distance I can pull back from those nights and see that further down the road - maybe days weeks or months, but inevitably I found myself back in the same default relationship I always had with alcohol - it consumed my life... and I had no control.

I think you keep coming back here cos you know what your relationship with alcohol is too.

You're right - many stories do not end well, but the really sad part about that is everyone has the same chance to accept their addiction and do what needs to be done.

I'm not actually a super hero at all - thanks but no thanks

I'm just an ordinary guy like you and the thousands of other members here who decided one day that he wanted a different end to his story.

The same opportunity is very much open to you too Dru

D
Old 11-11-2015, 12:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

^^^^^
Old 11-11-2015, 01:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Man you guys are like a tag team .. lol..
Old 11-11-2015, 01:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Dee Ive read so many of your posts I feel like I know ya lol.

Thanks, I know your dude whos been through hell and back and survived. Mad respect to ya homie. Keep it up
Old 11-11-2015, 04:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

"I was gaming with a few friends and drank a few Coronas with it and to be honest it felt great"

Only in the beginning it feels great, in time it will come back to more pain than pleasure once again.

Cheers on 5 days dru1085
Old 11-18-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It's not a race, but if we continue to the end, we win no matter.