Notices

Doing Horrible

Old 10-26-2015, 08:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Doing Horrible

Was doing Ok got a new job that I am about to lose. My X girlfriend is already dating someone else and wants me out of her house. Been drinking no stop since Thursday, can't eat. I need to go to treatment again. I am embarrassed , sad, depressed. The only think I know is I am an alcoholic and need help. I am not a good person right now, I am disgusted at what I have done. Going to throw in the towel call some family which will be rough and If i have to ruin my credit or whatever I think I am just going to do it. My life won't last long if I keep doing what I am doing. I am 41, next to no money, my parents still help me which is bad. I think the only solution is to just go to treatment, and worry about the rest later, then go to sober living.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sorry to hear that Str8, but I think you have the right idea. Having family support and the ability to get into treatment now sounds like the right thing to do. Make some calls today if you can, you are right that you need to take care of this now.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think you have the right idea. Get sober first. Then everything else can be sorted through later.

I found that once I got sober, life improved. I did go to treatment. It was a good way to get started.

Good luck.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear of all your pain Chaos 74 !!!, thats all pretty ****** but its worse looking at all your problems through the lense of Alcohol , good you have the support and family will always be by your side , go for the treatment and count your blessings you have that option , Im getting screened this thur and just sober a while , can just about deal with the small things , Focus on you if you can !, all the best J
Old 10-26-2015, 11:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Forget about your job forget about your ex girlfriend and forget about you credit score. None of that matters. What matters is that you spend time working on yourself. I think treatment is a great idea.......I'd go myself but I don't have a family to back me up. Wish I did. Oh and I also stop eating when I am distressed , last time I didn't eat for 3 days. Starts w light stuff like soup eggs yogurt if you like ie and start taking vitamins. Good luck.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

A return to treatment after a still worse relapse has helped many to get back on the road to recovery.

MM
Old 10-26-2015, 12:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Str8Chaos74 View Post
Was doing Ok got a new job that I am about to lose. My X girlfriend is already dating someone else and wants me out of her house. Been drinking no stop since Thursday, can't eat. I need to go to treatment again. I am embarrassed , sad, depressed. The only think I know is I am an alcoholic and need help. I am not a good person right now, I am disgusted at what I have done. Going to throw in the towel call some family which will be rough and If i have to ruin my credit or whatever I think I am just going to do it. My life won't last long if I keep doing what I am doing. I am 41, next to no money, my parents still help me which is bad. I think the only solution is to just go to treatment, and worry about the rest later, then go to sober living.
Yes! Stay focused on that and ALL the other issues will work themselves out.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you're struggling so much right now. It's good that you have family support and I hope you take this opportunity to do what it takes for you to stop drinking.
Old 10-26-2015, 04:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thinking about all the things that "might" occur in the future, and all the "bad" things that happened in the past aren't going to do you any good. You need to just live in 24 hour increments, and stay sober during each one.

If you need to go to treatment to get a jump start, by all means, do it. But after you finish treatment the aftercare recommendation is likely to be AA. Why don't you just skip ahead and go to an AA meeting today?
Old 10-26-2015, 04:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
zjw

yeah hate to say it not much matters as much as sobriety. once your are sober the rest gets better. I found if i tried to fix this or that in my life without getting sober first all i did was spin in circles putting out fires all the time many times the same fires.
Old 10-26-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm going to treatment, could not even make it to aa meeting and don't want to disrespect it or the people there cause i am a mess. I need to detox safely, i have tapered in the past and it has worked, but it always goes back to a worse bender and more crap. I was able to tell my family and get it off my chest which is helpful. I want treatment, I need it. I need help I can't do it alone. Thank you all for the advice. I'll keep you posted. I'm actually happy to go, looking forward to having a life. Just got to put in the work.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

To have a true desire to want treatment is a gift
that many never seem to get or desire.

Sure glad that you have made the right discission.

Some just never get there -- all talk -- no action taken.

Good luck,
Bob
Old 10-26-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Str8 - I'm so sorry for your misery, but here's where it can end. You've made the best possible decision. You can turn this around & have the life you deserve. Please stay in touch and let us know how it's going.
Old 10-27-2015, 04:36 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Go for it! A big change like that will do you good by the sounds of it. Let us know how you get on

Go and change your life!

Old 10-27-2015, 04:46 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Do your best

Wishing you the best & every success in your recovery Str8
Old 10-27-2015, 02:51 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

How is it going Str8??
Old 10-27-2015, 06:36 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I want treatment,

I need it.

I need help

I can't do it alone.

If you've figured this out, you are half way there.

Now, if you take treatment seriously and follow their recommendations you will make it!
Old 10-27-2015, 06:39 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm think of you too, Str8.