Notices

4 days sober.. and here ..... we ........ go

Old 09-25-2015, 02:22 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

He dru.. my opinion is u got the hardest part taken care of already.. u admitted your an alcoholic.. next part is life unmanageable. .. thats what kept me drinking for years.. im 35 now.. and let me tell you in my experience it only gets worse.. once uve crossed the line of alcoholic i dont believe you can go back.. i know i cant .. i suggest picking up a AA big book and reading the doctors opinion and see if u fit the discription.. anyways good luck man
Old 09-25-2015, 05:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

@Phoenix... yeah man lets do it ! Haha I love cooking its replaced the urge to drink for me big time. Looking up new recipes and stuff all the time! Im down to cook anything .. Chicken spinach mushroom.. I have all those in my kitchen so hit me up haha. Yeah Im on day 6 now and its Friday.. Im usually by the pool getting messed up right about now... so far so good.. gonna cook some tilapia and rice tonight! Lets stay sober together , I woke up feeling really good this morning and Its just motivation to keep going and not wake up feeling like ****. Thanks for all the Replies SB. Day 6 sober and counting lets go !!!

Dru -
Old 09-27-2015, 09:45 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Congrats - how are things coming along? I tried to moderate by making a new years resolution to limit my drinking to weekends only. I was able to go a couple of weeks. Then I talked myself into thinking beer was OK on weekdays. Then I started with a little vodka again on Thursdays because I didn't care if I had a hangover the next day since it was Friday anyways. Then, i also quit my job and essentially everyday was a weekend and I proceeded to drink a 5th of vodka everyday for 5 months alone in my apartment.

I did thankfully snap out of it and realized I had to change my surroundings. Luckily I hadn't spent all of my savings and moved back with my parents. The first day back in the house the three of us all gave up alcohol entirely and these last 4 months have been fantastic. So much healing going on and as far as the new years resolution goes, better late than never! And I also one-upped it by cutting out alcohol altogether.

Don't kid yourself like I did with moderation. I wish I had known about SR back then but I also don't think I was ready to quit then as I had to hit rock bottom first and wallow there for a while. Have you hit your rock bottom? Quitting my job was the beginning of my rock bottom. I regret quitting but looking back on it I had to do it in order to be where I am now. I believe that job is what triggered my drinking in the first place
Old 09-27-2015, 09:55 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hey Juppe,

Thanks. things are coming along great. When I wrote this post I had planned on drinking this weekend. Friday came along I ended up cooking all night and didnt even think about drinking. Saturday came I had a few urges so I logged on here to distract myself. Now its Sunday almost Monday and I didnt drink at all ! I know its illogical to think I can only have one drink when ive abused alcohol for 10 years or so. I drank to get drunk so I am going to quit for good for now. My goal is 30 to 60 days .. one step at a time...

I also quit my job because of alcohol. I would get so drunk the night before I would have to call in because I didnt want to drive hung over to work and risk getting a DUI etc. I had a great job, I was good at it and I miss the people. Right now im focusing on getting better physically and mentally stable so I can focus right at work again. I think in 30 to 60 days I will be back in the game.

I always knew in my head hitting rock bottom would be what took me to quit, the alcohol tricked me into it...

Im feeling a lot better now, still some anxiety but man I feel a lot more focused and thinking clearly.

Cheers Mate.