Notices

Starting over

Old 08-21-2015, 08:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Saved by Grace

Starting over

Today is day three. I feel pretty good other than a mild headache (and I never get headaches). Hopefully this time I can stay off the suds. I do like sobriety but my body likes alcohol. I have Christ in me and I know it is no longer I who live but He in me and i can do anything with the power He has given me. I will overcome this time! I promise!

Hypo
Old 08-21-2015, 09:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back Hypo! Glad to hear the withdrawals aren't too severe and congrats on day 3. Your addiction might be telling you that your body likes alcohol, but right now your body is pretty clearly telling you that it doesn't. Hope you can stick around SR, can we help you make a plan this time?
Old 08-21-2015, 09:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Saved by Grace

I was "trying" to remain sober and still do all the things, go to all the places and hang out with the people I use to. That does not work. My wife continued to drink but now she's wanting me sober bad enough that we are doing this together. She even opted out of our annual Jimmy Buffett weekend (the highlight of her year) knowing what it would probably bring. She kissed me goodnight last night and said "thank you for being sober". It was sweet!

Hypo

BTW: MODERATION IS A JOKE!
Old 08-21-2015, 09:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

That's Wonderful Hypo 3 Days & your wife to be there with you & for you Will make your Sober journey that much easier .
I still can't handle ,A big get together /parties with 2 years Sober . I know the pull is just too hard . Bright side of that there's plenty of Sober things to do !!
Old 08-21-2015, 02:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Saved by Grace

You say "I know the pull is just too hard "; I say "I know the pool is just too hard". We have a pool and only have a few weeks left with it. It's supposed to be 95 here tomorrow and..............I can't stand it!!!!!

But I'm not relying on my own strength (not completly anyway) but on the Lords strength in me. I am more than a conquerer!!

Hypo
Old 08-21-2015, 02:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on day 3
Old 08-23-2015, 01:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Saved by Grace

Well.... I've made it through the weekend so far. Actually spent all day yesterday in the pool. Really like diet tonic w/ lime and a splash of cherry kool-ade. Today is day 5 and still no adverse withdrawal symptoms. I had an uncommon mild headache on day 2 and nothing except separation anxiety since. Funny considering what I was drinking:

* at least 5-6 beers after work M-F followed by a couple of shots of vodka or rum then a minimum of .75L wine with and after dinner

* at least 12-20 beers on the weekends plus numerous shots of vodka or rum followed by up to 1.5L wine until I passed out.

I've only been drinking like that for 20+ years but I only did it when I was awake and on days that end with Y. I never drank on work mornings, during work hours and rarely before 11:00 any day. I am beginning to think I drank out of habit more than addiction. Either way...I'm not drinking.

Thanks for listening. Just typing this is therapy. I don't talk openly to many people except my wife. Peace all!

Hypo
Old 08-23-2015, 01:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congrats on making it through the weekend, those days are sometimes the hardest to get through. Your drinking pattern sounds a lot like mine did although I drank only beer. Amazing what can happen when you quit pouring mass quantities of poison down our throats each and every day, you'll be amazed at the changes ( for the better ) that you will see.
Old 08-23-2015, 02:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

You done great Hypocritical
Old 08-23-2015, 02:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Starting over is great news. I also am recently restarting sobriety. Like you, there is no way I can do what I used to do.

Bowling is out of the question. Dinner out with friends is out of the question. Sporting events? Check.

It is amazing how we surround ourselves with like people where the center of every activity is alcohol.
Old 08-23-2015, 03:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Saved by Grace

If I could only sleep. Took a whole klonopin (prescription) last night, drank some SleepyTime herbal tea, read a few chapters in my Bible, got in some floor exercises (legs mainly) and still didn't sleep. I bet I'm averaging 2-3 hours of very interrupted sleep a night. Payoff is ahead of me though!!!

Hypo