Notices

Job looking up.

Old 07-15-2015, 02:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Job looking up.

My co- worker is going to work one night a week so I don't have to, so I'm just going to be working 3 days a week, opening shifts. This way I keep my insurance which is the main reason I work there and it gives me more time for the gym and catching up housework which so badly needs is as I neglected it so much the last 4-5 years I was drinking. It also gives me a little dignity back from being passed over lately. I didn't really need to hours for the management position-- I was just tired of working nights. I'm actually glad now for the way things went down because I didn't realize how hard quitting drinking would be. I had been cutting back for awhile (trying) but only really decided to quit when the job thing happened. Firstly-- I don't think I would have quit if I'd got the job. Second--if I had it would have been so remarkably stressful working 40 hours a week at a completely different store (we were taken over by Haggen --a great store but still a lot of change)
It seemed like my job was the only thing that was going well in spite of my alcoholism but I realized this morning when my cat was worrying me awake--gosh how many times had he saved my rear by waking me up when I forgot to set my alarm. (He's all messed up now with my new schedule but he knew my old one) I think about all the times I left early just to get home and start drinking.. there was other stuff too I'm just glad for my central rock hard work ethics that may have kept me from doing other stuff, and eventually another opportunity will come. For now I'm good though lol.
Old 07-15-2015, 02:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad things are looking up BF

D