Notices

Question....

Old 08-29-2004, 05:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question....

Has anyone here experienced any type of dizziness during alcohol withdrawal?
Old 08-29-2004, 06:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Dizziness, confusion, anxiety, depression, racing thoughts, DT's, the shakes, memeory problems, there are all sorts of goodies that our body does to us.

Good luck

Keep coming back

steve
Old 08-29-2004, 06:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've been trying to quit drinking, but the withdrawals are kinda bad, and I always go back to the bottle. Like righ now, I'm sober, but really dizzy, kinda shaky and sweaty...........I wonder what causes the dizziness, it's really really really uncomfortable.......
Old 08-29-2004, 06:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Withdrawing from alcohol is really uncomfortable. And, I think most people experience all the symptoms you mentioned and more.

Have you talked to your dr because it might not be safe to detox at home? If you've checked with your dr, then you just have to go through it. Usually the third day will be better and things will improve after that.

So check with your dr. Drink lots of water and relax and take care of yourself. Don't give up and go back to drinking. You'll just get caught up in the cycle again.

Hang in there.

Love, Anna
Old 08-29-2004, 06:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Chy

Yes, it's very common, as mentioned make sure to see your doctor if the symptoms get worse.
Old 08-29-2004, 09:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have never been to the doctor about my alcoholism............what can he do to help??? I feel like hell no matter what I do anyways..........
Old 08-30-2004, 05:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

well, if the symptoms get too bad, it could be dangerous for yourself and others, couldn't it? so a doctor might be able to do something. Luckily, I'm too young to *leagally* drink, so I haven't had the problem of alcoholism myself, but I've seen my mother, whe we think has a problem, get drunk more than enough, and I saw my grandpa sober up last year. He had all sorts of scary things happen when he was going sober, like seeing and hearing things that were not there, and I'm pretty sure he had the shakes, it was kind of scary, but he's been sober for a year now, so hang in there, mate
Old 08-30-2004, 07:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

There are medications to help. Perhaps a DETOX clinic is good for you. There are outpatient ones. You can get better. Go for help. It is very hard to do alone. God Bless!
Old 08-31-2004, 09:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Don't drink, go to meetings, get a sponsor and starte getting busy working the steps. This will give you something to do besides sitting around being dizzy.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Castaway

I've been trying to quit drinking, but the withdrawals are kinda bad, and I always go back to the bottle. Like righ now, I'm sober, but really dizzy, kinda shaky and sweaty...........I wonder what causes the dizziness, it's really really really uncomfortable.
I'm 40+yo and drank for 15+ years. I went through a lot of these symptoms too and, like you, tried to relieve them by drinking again. It took me a week to get over the worst part of it. You may just have to take a leap of faith here and suffer through it. If it persists, you may have a health condition that the alcohol was masking. So keep an eye on that too. Don't worry about taking on any more than you can handle right now. Your health is more important. I'm so glad your posting here with us and letting us know how you're doing. You don't have to go through personal detox alone. All of your feelings are valid so don't let anyone pooh-pooh them. Congratulations on making it this far.
Sandy
Old 08-31-2004, 09:33 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I don't get really dizzy, just kinda dizzy, like I can't focus on anything and overall foggy mind. It goes away when I drink so I don't think anything is wrong with me besides the alcohol use......that must be whats causing it.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Castaway

Well that's wonderful Ared! Then you're on your way. Honestly, I hid in the house for almost 3 weeks feeling tormented. Yeah, things went to hell around here. But 4 weeks later, I'm out and be-boppin' around again. You'll feel better soon too...but you're going to have to feel bad first. Congratulations again and hang in there, Ared. You can do it!
Sandy