Notices

wee'ing for england

Old 06-09-2015, 12:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

wee'ing for england

on my 8-9th day sober not looking for medical advice ive been checked out but I could win the winter Olympics for urinating every 45 minutes since quitting and I look better weight wise every morning ?

would someone kindly explain whats going on? I only ever drank cider about 30 pints/ a week and im now on water / pop..

also my face feels horrible but when I look at myself in the mirror I look smoother and younger ? can only be a good thing

all this after this short time

Old 06-09-2015, 01:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Have you been drinking a lot more water than usual? Other than that all I can suggest is to see a doctor if the symptoms are problematic or worrisome.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

tbh I haven't noticed if my intakes gone up... according to my last checkup 1 month ago im physically spot on

its a normal wee aswell btw theres no virus symptoms etc
Old 06-09-2015, 01:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by ohwell321 View Post
tbh I haven't noticed if my intakes gone up... according to my last checkup 1 month ago im physically spot on

its a normal wee aswell btw theres no virus symptoms etc
It's not really possible for us to diagnose you via the internet, and we can't give medical advice per forum guidelines. I can't say it's a problem that gets asked about here on the forum all that often, so again - if you feel it's a problem you should probably see a doctor.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

that's fair enough was more interested as opposed to worrying and looking for a diagnosis
Old 06-09-2015, 02:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

When I traded water or other non alcoholic beverages for the alcohol, I had to go a lot more frequently too. Still hasn't changed all that much. If you are having pain or difficulty urinating then I would see the doctor.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Are you male or female?

Is it painful to wee? Does it hurt?

I would go to the doctors and take a sample with you. You can ask at the doctors for a sample bottle or ask for one at a chemist.

Alcohol does dehydrate us and dehydration means we wee less.
So it may be due to drinking more non alcoholic drinks.

Best to check.
No harm done if its nothing.
Could be harmful though if its not checked and is something.
Don't worry or take risks when a quick appointment can put your mind at ease.

Only your GP can let you know.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I was astonished at how much I was needing to pee the first time I stopped dead in my tracks.

I lost weight too. Not suprisingky given the drastic reduction in calories ( 8 or 10 bottles of wine a week in my case - about the same as thirty pints of cider )

Like others have said you doc knows best, and will have heard it before. My guess is you're burning fat now and excreting the water associated with how it is stored in the body.

This is why more seems to come out than goes in.
Enjoy the feeling of your face getting thinner every day, your shirts less tight, trousers annoyingly needing a tighter belt.

Pee like a police horse and be proud of what you have chosen to do.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

When I drank my fingers were so puffy I couldn't bend them and my ankles were fat and swollen. I remember peeing a lot in the first week too. Enjoy the weight loss, you will notice a huge difference in a month. Just goes to show the damage alcohol does to our bodies.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

If you're drinking a lot of soda with caffeine (usually colas), you will be running to the bathroom quite a bit. Diet Coke causes me to urinate almost as much as beer did. For now I stick with water, iced tea and coffee; although, the latter two are also diuretics, but healthier than diet soda.

I'm not sure who much and often you drank, but this could just be your body adjusting to the absence of alcohol. If it persists, a doctor's visit may be warranted.
Old 06-10-2015, 07:07 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

cheers for the replies its backed off a bit today, I only ever drank after 5pm weekdays and all weekend I bet this added up to easily 30-40 pints of cider.. all my other symptoms have diminished today aswell.. I cannot believe 10 days in the weight that is dripping off me..... feelsgood