Notices

Not drinking

Old 05-30-2015, 10:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not drinking

As a former alki, alcohol abuser, whatever you calm it, IT wasn't right-I find it amazing that I'm able to heal inside when I'm not numbing it with alcohol. In the past when things went wrong I would drink a lot. I recall when on anti depressants a long time ago I was still drinking-dumb. It took me until I was almost 34 to realize that hey, maybe the alcohol was the problem-not me! I literally couldn't get anything worked out in mu head or heart or see clearly or hear God until I quit. The change has been remarkable and as much as it hurts, it's excrutiating at tines, and as much as I cry, it feels good to feel everything and not numb it out. Dang-I grew up.
Old 05-30-2015, 06:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad you have found peace with yourself without alcohol, it is very liberating to say the least. Hope you can join us and share what has worked for you.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Nice Fourourgirls! I had a nice talk with my teen Son today, while driving him to & from the swimming hole.....he's happy & a great young Man.....we have a good relationship & it would not be so, if I had continued drinking.....so, so worth it!!
Old 05-31-2015, 05:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

ScottfromWI-honestly, God. I met him at my lowest moment and he pulled me out. Haven't had a drink since. Everything just clicked. I recently divirced my alcoholic husband who could be nice drunk, mean drunk, sweet drunk, abusuve drunk....but regardless of what good or bad happened, he was drunk. It's been excrutiating to watch him fall farther down and know he has every right to continue the way he chooses, or get off the train to hell. I always drank in the past when going through hard times and I look back abd see it was just to avoid feeling bad...or feeling anything. It feels so damn good to feel all of this-I know that sounds weird, not that I'm a glutton for punishment, but I know my sobriety has exponentially helped me personally and will change the course of our kids lives as not exposing then to alcoholism or alcohol abuse and teaching them the truth may just one day save them from going down the same path. With our families histories, drinking at all is Russian roulette.

Thanks. Almost three years sober.