Notices

worse than i thought?

Old 03-10-2015, 07:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

worse than i thought?

was given a drink diary by the detox place to fill in over the next week while i wait for the funding to be sorted out for the bed, to get a better idea of how much i'm actually drinking. just kept writing down what i'm going through...

it's only one day right now but jesus christ, i didn't even know how much i was getting through...

last night i drank an entire bottle of sambuca, today i had 9 shots of sambuca in the pub, at home i've gone through one and a half bottles of red wine along with a quart of vodka....

but like if i hadn't been writing this down i wouldn't have given it half a thought...so since last night i've gone through around 60 units? i had no idea i was actually drinking this much,,,
Old 03-10-2015, 07:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Welcome to SoberRecovery!

Detox is a great choice. Just approach it with the attitude that it is going to save your life!
Old 03-11-2015, 03:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Trying to stop drinking altogether would be more beneficial laz

have you got a sober plan ?
Old 03-11-2015, 07:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

well that's the idea. i don't want to drink.

my only plan right now is to get into the detox. i feel like i'm living a minute at a time right now.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Lycanlaz, that's a pretty healthy amount of alcohol. I think your plan is great, just get to detox, once there, let them take over. You'll be fine, glad you are making the right choice. Hang in there.
Old 03-12-2015, 04:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi.

With that amount of drinking I strongly recommend a detox and or medical over guidance when stopping as the body will be put into a shock mode.

I needed to realize that stopping drinking and recovery are 2 separate paths. I was taught early on if I just stopped drinking and dis not work on the many reasons I drank I would return to drinking.
I was mocus for a period and concentrated on just not drinking until I felt I needed more in my life and started to work on changing the drinking personality.

BE WELL