Notices

Going sober

Old 02-25-2015, 02:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Going sober

Hi all,

I suffer from health anxiety and have been using drink to relax 1 to 2 bottles a night. Also lost my dad 2 weeks ago started to get 3 bottles. I haven't had a drink since 10 pm Sunday night. I had bad anxiety on Monday and manged to 5 pm when I took 5mg diazepam. Then 2.5 mg at 10pm when went to bed.

Tuesday didn't drink all day and took 5 mg diazepem at bedtime.

Feel ok today.

Do you think the worst is over?

Any advice please.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you on giving up drinking. The first week can be rough. I would advise you to see your doctor. They say a doctor can give you something to help. It is the safe way. I quit with out a doctor, and it was rough the first week. After that it was just cravings sometimes. Quitting drinking is the best thing you can do for you. I am sorry about your dad. It is never easy to lose a parent. Hang in there. It will get better.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for reply.

I did go see my Dr and instead of listening to me sent me to clinic for assessments and told me to continue drinking. And has said I'm not allowed to drive. It's been 60 hours now and would seem silly to drink.

I don't and never have drink and drive.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Sounds like you are doing great x
Old 02-25-2015, 03:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I love the title of your thread...Going Sober!...and that's exactly what you need to do. Just think tumble, if you quit drinking for good then you'll never have to worry about any of this. You can move on with your life and not give any more thought or energy into drinking and everything it evolves. Its freedom. I highly recommend it.
A support group, prayer, us here at sr. Use any and everything you need to stop this disease. You will develop new habits over time. Trust me, its worth it. Hang in there tumble!
Old 02-25-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Tumble. I'm sorry for the recent loss of your Dad. We think drinking helps us through those times but we learn it just makes everything worse. Glad you are here. (Took me about 3 days to feel better after drinking every day for years, but longer to feel really good.)
Old 02-25-2015, 06:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
zjw

I dunno that the worst is over I just know it gets better. I had a tough time for a while but it was always getting better sometimes at a snails pace but it was improving. Good job so far
Old 02-26-2015, 12:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Another day gone and no wine... Feeling good about myself. Just can't believe want a mess I've made of things recently. Off to Dr this morning for blood tests.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
Another day gone and no wine... Feeling good about myself. Just can't believe want a mess I've made of things recently. Off to Dr this morning for blood tests.
the good part about sobering up is a lot of the messes we made clear up pretty easily as there simply just a symptom of drinking once you remove the booze they start to go away. Others can take more effort but just take care of thing a little bit at a time as you can etc.. Keep it simple.