Notices

8th day, I'm loosing my mind.

Old 02-12-2015, 02:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

8th day, I'm loosing my mind.

I feel like Im in a horrible rollercoaster, anger, sadness, anxiety, confusion, etc.

Sometimes I feel great for a few minutes but it doesn't last long. I'm afraid to go out in public as everything feels so trippy and unreal. Only inside my office or home do I feel safe.

I don't like driving because my road rage is off the charts, I don't want to see my family nor friends. I've tried breathing exercises, or take my thoughts off my state of mind by reading a book but I just can't concentrate, haven't done any laundry because I just don't feel like it, haven't done any groceries either so Im basically on a pizza diet.

I was only limiting myself by drinking once or twice a week for the last two months (usually got hammered though) so I thought this was going to be easy. I hardly felt the physical withdrawal, but my brain is not taking this so well and It feels like its getting worse not better.

Anyone who has gone thru this can give be any advice or moral support. Im single and live by myself and no one knows Im going through this so feel ******* lonely. I've told a few friends I won't be drinking for a few months since I was having severe heartburn and my doctor told me It could become an ulcer (which is a complete lie) if I didn't take care of myself.

God, was I really this addicted???
Old 02-12-2015, 03:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Joez, it took me a few weeks/months to feel completely adjusted, it took years of drinking to get me to the point of Sobriety, so it was going to take some time for the body to heal, it can't repair years of drinking in a week.

Hang in there!! It'll get better with time, remember you only have to go through this only the once!!
Old 02-12-2015, 03:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

It will get better give time some time my friend
Old 02-12-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purpleknight View Post
Hey Joez, it took me a few weeks/months to feel completely adjusted, it took years of drinking to get me to the point of Sobriety, so it was going to take some time for the body to heal, it can't repair years of drinking in a week.

Hang in there!! It'll get better with time, remember you only have to go through this only the once!!
Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
It will get better give time some time my friend
Im afraid what will happen while it gets better, I can hardly work, quickly alienating everyone close to me and are experiencing some kind of agoraphobia I can't quite explain.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yeah I know what you mean, I had to go through a certain amount of damage limitation when I got Sober, I felt almost constantly jet lagged with moods all over the place for weeks, so at work I just kept my head down, went for many walks in the fresh air at lunchtimes, plenty of fluids, tried to cut back on the caffeine!!

I like you live on my own, which meant I could sit it out and not have to deal with people in the evenings or weekends, I had to simply ride it out and then eventually things adjusted, it's not going to be forever but doing the best you can and taking a few steps to protect the rest of the world from your moods for me was the way forward!!

Again, this is only going to be temporary!!
Old 02-12-2015, 10:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Agrophobia/agoraphobia is a real thing. Have you considered taking to someone about it, Joez?

D