Notices

Eater's Remorse

Old 01-27-2015, 06:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Eater's Remorse

Since I put down the booze over six months ago, I committed to getting in shape. Happy to say I've lost 60 pounds, and feel like I'm 25 again.

Hit stress and a funk today. I fell off the calorie wagon today and probably ate an additional 2800 cal. Well I know that really shouldn't even put an extra pound of body fat on me, and as long as I ratcheted down over the next few days it'll even out, I guess it's still better than binging on booze right?
Old 01-27-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yeah, an occasional day like that shouldn't hurt you. And way better than booze.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Eating is better than drinking, yes. And you can get back on the caloric wagon tomorrow.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Personally I like the 80/20 rule in life, except when it comes to drinking, that is 100% for me. But with diet and exercise be good 80% and treat yourself 20%. Eating is one of the pleasures of life and after all we are only going around once! Might as well enjoy it
Old 01-28-2015, 03:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

amazing achievement to lose 60 pounds. progress in anything is not a straight line. you will moments of regret and also take great strides forward. Its the road that you are travelling that matters. don't beat yourself up, you are doing great. tomorrow can be the start of continuing your amazing journey.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome post Timmy well done
Old 01-28-2015, 02:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I agree. Fantastic job, man.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Matt M

I've put on a load of weight since I got sober.
Which I'm not too happy about but at the end of the day it's nothing compared to drinking alcohol everyday!

I actually just bought some new scales today which calculate your BMI and everything.

Losing weight is easy.
Dealing with an alcohol addiction is a nightmare!
Old 01-29-2015, 08:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Timmy1028 View Post
Since I put down the booze over six months ago, I committed to getting in shape. Happy to say I've lost 60 pounds, and feel like I'm 25 again.

Hit stress and a funk today. I fell off the calorie wagon today and probably ate an additional 2800 cal. Well I know that really shouldn't even put an extra pound of body fat on me, and as long as I ratcheted down over the next few days it'll even out, I guess it's still better than binging on booze right?
Well whats a normal calorie count for an adult? Isnt it 2500 calories?
So you ate a little more then your normal. Doesnt make ya go broke, or end up locked up, lose friends or family like booze. Its a touchy subject I know because we have to eat food to stay alive. Binge eaters or the flip side the ones that make themselves throw food back up, is all mental. That what everything boils down to in life, mental. Whats going on in the brain.

So you slipped off your diet due to your thinking. Analyze it, see why you are doing that, what happened, change what you did to something new. Go to the grocery store on a full stomach. Have healthy snacks around. Get rid of your junk food. Common sense solutions!
Old 02-02-2015, 09:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Progress.

60 pounds lost ... one pound gained ... you're still down 59 pounds. That's pretty good.

Same with recovery. Just don't drink. Two steps forward with life, one step back. Still one step farther than before. Stumble here and there, stub your toe ... just keep moving forward. One bag of Oreo's down the piehole won't kill you.

Keep it up!