Notices

UpDaTe

Old 01-11-2015, 05:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

UpDaTe

Hey friends!

Im almost 100% from surgery ...thank goodness!

And I finally filed my divorce!!! I waited until after the holidays. I thought it would be a long drawn out process. NOPE! It should be finalized in 10-15 days (uncontested & no minor children).

At first he was "whatever, do whatever you want..you love being the victim"

Then he wanted me to meet him for dinner on Friday as a last ditch effort. That was a waste of my time.

Now...he is getting angry again. I think he is shocked I went though with it. Truthfully, had I know it was this easy I wouldve done it when the idiot was in jail. I truly hope he doesnt start wanting to fight. I think he would be crazy to contest it. The man was charged with assault & battery against me. I dont know what he will do though if he feels desperate.

Thanks for listening and keeping me sober! Im so proud that with everything going on I havent even thought about drinking!!
Old 01-11-2015, 09:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have to say I am very, very happy to hear you are divorcing. I remember your first post, vividly, from a month or two ago. I am so happy to read this!!!!!

This is the beginning of a whole new life for you. Stay safe and away from him.

Do you feel safe currently? Can you stay with family/friends? Keep people around.
Old 01-11-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad that you are 100%, OklaBH.

Sometimes divorce is the only remaining good option. I agree with MelindaFlowers; your situation was unhealthy and dangerous.

Do you have plans in mind or on place for your safety?
Old 01-11-2015, 10:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MelindaFlowers View Post
I have to say I am very, very happy to hear you are divorcing. I remember your first post, vividly, from a month or two ago. I am so happy to read this!!!!!

This is the beginning of a whole new life for you. Stay safe and away from him.

Do you feel safe currently? Can you stay with family/friends? Keep people around.
I apologize. I shouldn't have been so flippant with my first post. I know this is a difficult time. I am very happy for you.
Old 01-11-2015, 12:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MelindaFlowers View Post
I apologize. I shouldn't have been so flippant with my first post. I know this is a difficult time. I am very happy for you.
No way! I didnt take it that way at all. I appreciate your support. Not just on this thread but all of them!

My son and I are staying in the house until he leaves for the army in June. After that....who knows. Move closer to work not exactly sure if i want to be in Tulsa or just closer to.

I think I goto court in 10-15 days. Not sure the exact date yet. Then its done done done
Old 01-11-2015, 12:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Glad that you are 100%, OklaBH.

Sometimes divorce is the only remaining good option. I agree with MelindaFlowers; your situation was unhealthy and dangerous.

Do you have plans in mind or on place for your safety?

Nope I dont. So far so good. He is calm. He hasn't texted anything rude today. I actually announced at my 10am AA meeting what was up and have alot of support there.

One day at a time!