Notices

Moving along.

Old 01-08-2015, 11:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MelindaFlowers View Post
. I found it extremely hard to fall asleep but once asleep I slept like the dead, and for long periods like 12 hours. I really can't explain why but I would stay awake and wired til maybe 9 am and then sleep all day
This is me. knew you'd relate.

It worries me because I'm already 2 months in and thought that I'd be able to function somewhat normally by now. Maybe its because I pushed myself to hard during the holidays, leaving me drained. dunno?

Guess this is what I deserve for drinking myself to the point of numerous hospitalizations again. It's almost midnight and I'm WIDE AWAKE! again. argh. its going to be a long night.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:14 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I spend a lot of time working on relaxation to get my body to wind down, listening to guided meditations fron John kabat-zinn or deerskin chopra has helped a lot.

The best thing to do is NOT drink, then allow yourself to relax. It takes time, for me I stsrted reading and reading on subjects interesting to me. Trying to do too much only made me more anxious and drove me to stay up longer.

Good luck.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:19 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

congrats two months sounds like your already recovered I have 15 days I couldn't be around alcohol that long and not cave in. You inspire me to hang in there maybe I can be were your at when I have two months awesome job.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:42 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I've only recently learned to sip water on the treadmill. 2 months is excellent!
Old 01-09-2015, 05:55 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

The best avatar on this site!
Gold medal, baby!!
Congrats on the 2 months, Maxx
Old 01-09-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alwyshope12 View Post
I spend a lot of time working on relaxation to get my body to wind down, listening to guided meditations fron John kabat-zinn or deerskin chopra has helped a lot.

Good luck.
Thanks Alwyshope, ill look into these.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:09 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dsmaxis10 View Post
congrats two months sounds like your already recovered I have 15 days I couldn't be around alcohol that long and not cave in. You inspire me to hang in there maybe I can be were your at when I have two months awesome job.
Hang in there dsmaxis, these past two months have gone fairly quickly..
Old 01-09-2015, 04:11 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Well done on 2 months.

Last time insomnia was becoming an issue for me (leading up to xmas), as I haven't got the space or privacy for guided mediatation at night and my books are all packed away, I ended up watching several documentaries.

I didn't want anything too engaging so I was searching for 'funny documentaries'. There are many lists, I just picked out the occasional one I though would be good.

It's a good shout. If the documentary is generally funny it relaxed me, if it was a little boring I fell asleep. Seen some good ones, the trick was in not watching something too engaging! All the best
Old 01-09-2015, 04:28 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DonnieB View Post
The best avatar on this site!
Gold medal, baby!!
Congrats on the 2 months, Maxx
It's hard watching NHL games after watching that kinda hockey.
Their going 110% every shift!
Old 01-09-2015, 04:44 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stratman1 View Post
Well done on 2 months.

Last time insomnia was becoming an issue for me (leading up to xmas), as I haven't got the space or privacy for guided mediatation at night and my books are all packed away, I ended up watching several documentaries.

I didn't want anything too engaging so I was searching for 'funny documentaries'. There are many lists, I just picked out the occasional one I though would be good.

It's a good shout. If the documentary is generally funny it relaxed me, if it was a little boring I fell asleep. Seen some good ones, the trick was in not watching something too engaging! All the best
Thanks Stratman, I've got a meditation course for the first time coming up on Monday so I'll see how that goes. Will try to keep an open mind.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:18 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MaxxPower View Post
Thanks Stratman, I've got a meditation course for the first time coming up on Monday so I'll see how that goes. Will try to keep an open mind.
Haha. You sound like I was!

Relaxing the mind is not as easy as it looks sometimes, hence the practice… (my take)

It should be something to look forward to!