Notices

Sobriety and Getting Things Done

Old 12-08-2014, 01:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sobriety and Getting Things Done

I'm sitting here celebrating with a nice bowl of Tiramisu ice-cream... feeling grateful today that I'm sober, and able to get a major, dreaded chore out of the way. We just had our termite booster done and it will be effective for the next ten years... long enough to sell our house if we want, with no problems at closing. Probably wouldn't have been able to easily pay for this, or even think about having it done had I been drinking heavily. Sobriety made this such an easy thing to get out of the way. Now I don't have to worry anymore about the health of our house foundation.

What chores or tasks were you able to accomplish and get out of the way because of your sobriety? And doesn't it feel good to be able to free up that space in your brain for something enjoyable now?
Old 12-08-2014, 02:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I spend a lot less time in a drunken stupor--but now I tend to fritter away the whole day on SR if I find my chores too burdensome!
Old 12-08-2014, 02:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well said SJ i love tiramisu
Old 12-08-2014, 02:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great Thread!

Now that I'm sober I've gotten the ball rolling on wrapping up my Dad's estate (Expensive. Legal. Mess.). It's going to take about 90 days, but at least I've got an end in sight now.

Before I quit drinking it was just too daunting. I didn't even want to think about it much less do anything. I would get so tangled up in my head and angry about the huge mess he left me to clean up (literally, figuratively, emotionally, etc) that I would just drink more.

Sober, I've been able to deal with it more rationally and not get bogged down in the "emo" aspects of it. Saving the "emo" for my journal and the counselor.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
--but now I tend to fritter away the whole day on SR if I find my chores too burdensome!
I've done this too, Gilmer!